Apple watch app for indigo

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:03 pm
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Apple watch app for indigo

Hi,

I'd like to let you know about an app I've released. I wrote this for myself as, at the time, there was nothing available. In the first release you can control 4 dimmers from one screen. Setup for indigo is as simple as completing the ip address, username and password. The app is free. At some point I may add an in app purchase for about the cost of a pint :D

Website:

http://www.resthome.co

App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rest-ho ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Version 2 is already in for review.

It contains improved graphics and performance
Status of stageful devices using background ring colour
Support for actions
Multi pages of actions

Feedback welcome,

Steve

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:27 pm
TOPS offline
User avatar
Posts: 169
Joined: Jun 17, 2015
Location: London, England

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

Hi Steve,

Well done on the App, I'll give it a try.....

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:45 pm
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

TOPS wrote:
Hi Steve,

Well done on the App, I'll give it a try.....

Cheers,

Dave


Thanks. I hope it works ok! There is one irritation in this release - when you're making a change if the state is updated from indigo you can lose your change. This is fixed in the next version but I didn't want to go to back of review queue again!

If you have any other issues let me know.

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 16815
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

Great addition to the ecosystem! Thanks for the contribution (we'll mention it in the next email blast).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:02 pm
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

jay (support) wrote:
Great addition to the ecosystem! Thanks for the contribution (we'll mention it in the next email blast).


Cheers, much appreciated.

Posted on
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:38 pm
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 4047
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

Very nice! would be great if there was a 'complication' to access it easier though!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:15 am
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

durosity wrote:
Very nice! would be great if there was a 'complication' to access it easier though!


Thanks :)

I'll put that to the top of the list. I've been using double click on the bezel to get to the app as it's the only one I use at the moment. I'll start working on this when waiting for version two to get pushed.

As a taste for the second version here re some screen shots:

New images with multi line text:
IMG_2137.png
IMG_2137.png (38.24 KiB) Viewed 3847 times


Multiple rooms (up to 4 rooms):
IMG_2138.png
IMG_2138.png (27.76 KiB) Viewed 3847 times


Comm status per device (background red, saves looking at the watch then your light and wondering why nothing is happening!)
IMG_2141.png
IMG_2141.png (21.73 KiB) Viewed 3847 times

IMG_2140.png
IMG_2140.png (23.97 KiB) Viewed 3847 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:45 am
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

I almost forgot actions...
IMG_2142.png
IMG_2142.png (29.47 KiB) Viewed 3828 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am
akimball offline
Posts: 549
Joined: Aug 07, 2013
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

Thank you for this app! It's just the thing my wife and I need... however, I'm not able to get it working.

Right now I'm suspecting that my IP address at home may be an issue, I use 10.0.1.xxx for my home server IP address. My Mac Mini is running on a manually assigned number xxx=fixedNumber, but my port is 8176, the default. I enter the Indigo user name and password for indigo... and nothing. Nothing shows up in the event log either. My airport Extreme is set to use 10.0.1.xxx numbers for DNS... remapped from the usual 198.168.0.xxx stuff (long ago I thought that 10.0.1.xxx was just easier to remember internally).

Just out of curiosity, I typed 198.168.0.fixedNumber and no, it didn't work either, however, the "Console" in the app Reset Home did start to spit out error messages; this is different behavior than the no-response I get when using the 10.0.1.xxx values that in reality I have.

Any thoughts on how to overcome this? Could there be a bug in the app that simply forces you to use 198.168.0.xxx values?

TIA

-Al

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:35 pm
artpics offline
Posts: 232
Joined: Feb 24, 2009
Location: Calabasas CA

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

works great thx but one thing it only recognizes dimmer switches not my on/off modules :mrgreen:

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:06 pm
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

akimball wrote:
Thank you for this app! It's just the thing my wife and I need... however, I'm not able to get it working.

Right now I'm suspecting that my IP address at home may be an issue, I use 10.0.1.xxx for my home server IP address. My Mac Mini is running on a manually assigned number xxx=fixedNumber, but my port is 8176, the default. I enter the Indigo user name and password for indigo... and nothing. Nothing shows up in the event log either. My airport Extreme is set to use 10.0.1.xxx numbers for DNS... remapped from the usual 198.168.0.xxx stuff (long ago I thought that 10.0.1.xxx was just easier to remember internally).

Just out of curiosity, I typed 198.168.0.fixedNumber and no, it didn't work either, however, the "Console" in the app Reset Home did start to spit out error messages; this is different behavior than the no-response I get when using the 10.0.1.xxx values that in reality I have.

Any thoughts on how to overcome this? Could there be a bug in the app that simply forces you to use 198.168.0.xxx values?

TIA


Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I don't think the IP address would be the issue. I debugged the app with IP address not starting 192.168.0. Maybe you could get a free app that allows you to ping a server and see if that can reach the server. Let me know if that's possible.

Posted on
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 pm
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

artpics wrote:
works great thx but one thing it only recognizes dimmer switches not my on/off modules :mrgreen:


Glad the app is working. I should have made it more obvious but with this version only dimmers are supported. The next version adds actions(currently in the review queue). I'll then start working on toggle. All the settings are in place I just have not implemented the Ui yet.

Posted on
Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:47 pm
ToonDoom offline
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 20, 2014

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

Are there any other developers that would like to contribute / take the code from this project and run with it? I have changed jobs and have near zero time. There are a few users that would like the updates but I just cont commit. Next release I plan to make it completely free.

Would be happy to upload to GitHub if anyone's interested.

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:08 pm
Ramias offline
Posts: 222
Joined: Nov 24, 2015

Re: Apple watch app for indigo

How do I add a second room? The "Add Room" text is grayed out.

Also, it doesn't seem to show on/off for virtual device switches.

Is that something that can be added?

Thanks for building and sharing this.

Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest