Plugins with the exclamation point badge

Posted on
Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:57 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Plugins with the exclamation point badge

The Pylint score should improve as you make changes. Try something completely simple, like running it against code you know has zero problems:

Code: Select all
print("foo")
and see what the score is.

Moreover, I wouldn't worry too much about the score, but it's a handy way to get suggestions on how a script could be improved.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:14 pm
katiaf offline

For those of you worried about the Powerview Plugin not being updated to Python 3 and not being able to use it in the next version of indigo, I found a workaround through HomeKit:

Here is what I do:
1) Create variable "Shade Scene"
2) Create action group for KPL status "Shade Scene" On
Include send scene XXX to turn KPL On
Include set variable "Shade Scene" to true
3) Create action group for KPL status "Shade Scene" Off
Include send scene XXX to turn KPL Off
Include set variable "Shade Scene" to false
4) Create Virtual Device "Shade Scene"
On Group: action group for KPL status "Shade Scene" On
Off Group: action group for KPL status "Shade Scene" Off
Status variable: "Shade Scene" variable
5) Expose Virtual device created in (4) to HomeKit as a switch
6) In Homekit, create an automation where the Virtual Device triggers the Scene when turned on
7) Edit the "Shade Scene" Powerview Scene in Homekit and add Virtual Device On to the Scene - this will turn the KPL on when your scene is controlled from Powerview or from the remote control.

I just disabled the plugin and tested this and it worked fine. I hope this helps others.

Posted on
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:09 pm
Mark offline

I'm a little confused about a tip for HomeKit in this forum, but that's probably just me. PowerView seems to be working just fine with Python 3 and Indigo 2022.1, with no modifications.

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mark wrote:
I'm a little confused about a tip for HomeKit in this forum, but that's probably just me. PowerView seems to be working just fine with Python 3 and Indigo 2022.1, with no modifications.

Indigo 2022.1 and 2022.2 still support old plugins using Python 2. The next release, 2023.1, will not. The exclamation point is meant as a visual indicator of plugins that still use Python 2 and will therefore stop working soon.

So while it's working now, it won't be soon, and you'll want to figure out what your strategy is moving forward with respect to plugins that aren't updated.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:45 am
Mark offline

I thought I had Python 3 running under 2022.1. I even had to modify much of my Python for that reason. Are you saying 2022.1 is using both Python 2 and 3?

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mark wrote:
I thought I had Python 3 running under 2022.1. I even had to modify much of my Python for that reason. Are you saying 2022.1 is using both Python 2 and 3?

Embedded and linked Python scripts only work under Python 3 starting with 2022.1, which is probably why you had to tweak your scripts.

Old plugins that weren't updated continue to use Python 2, but updated/new plugins use Python 3. This was the case with 2022.1 and is the case with 2022.2, but 2023.1 will remove the ability to run old plugins.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:57 pm
Mark offline

Do you mean they may not run, due to changes in Python, or that Indigo will block them from running even if they might have worked fine?

Posted on
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mark wrote:
Do you mean they may not run, due to changes in Python, or that Indigo will block them from running even if they might have worked fine?

They will not run because there will no longer be an IndigoPluginHost.app. That was always a temporary fix because it requires Rosetta (there are NO Python 2 installs for Macs running on Apple Silicon hardware). It also requires our code to jump through some hoops that is just no manageable in the long run.

So as I said, they will not work because all the plumbing will be gone.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:16 am
SteveFyfe offline

Mark wrote:

You can try my changes to the PowerView plugin. See this post:https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?p=217700#p217700

Posted on
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:34 am
Mark offline

I have written a Python script that controls my PowerView. I am no longer using a plug-in for that, and won't be going forward.

I really appreciate your efforts Steve, but I won't be relying on Indigo's third-party plug-ins any more.