Unable to submit a plugin to the plugin store

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:02 pm
papamac offline

Unable to submit a plugin to the plugin store

I have a new plugin called VirtualGarageDoor with a new release located at https://www.github.com/papamac/VirtualGarageDoor. I attempted to use the your account website to add it. I entered

papamac for the GitHub user, and

VirtualGarageDoor for the GitHub Repo

I got the following message:

"That plugin's identifier doesn't start with your developer ID: only the owner of the plugin can add it to the store. If the plugin is owned by you, contact support for assistance."

I checked the info.plist and the plugin identifier is "net.papamac.indigoplugin.virtualgaragedoor" because my URL is papamac.net. Does your error check logic only recognize "com.papamac..."? If this is not the issue, please help.

Thanks,

papamac

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:12 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Unable to submit a plugin to the plugin store

You set your developer ID as papamac, but your plugin is using net.papamac. Change your developer ID on the Plugin Contribution page to net.papamac and it should work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:37 pm
papamac offline

Thanks Jay :)

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:14 pm
papamac offline

Sorry, Jay. I'm still not there yet. The web page requires a release title (mine is blank), but it is only editable if I am not submitting through GitHub. Do IO need to create another release in GitHub?

Posted on
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:57 am
papamac offline

I looked at GitHub and I did have a release name. Your web page put my GitHub release name in the what's new field and left the release name blank. Both fields are required to submit the plugin. How do I get past this?

Posted on
Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:01 am
ryanbuckner offline

papamac wrote:
I looked at GitHub and I did have a release name. Your web page put my GitHub release name in the what's new field and left the release name blank. Both fields are required to submit the plugin. How do I get past this?

FWIW I've found that when it comes to posting things in the plugin store Jay and Matt are very responsive over email. : developer-relations@indigodomo.com

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't understand what you're saying. I looked at your releases on Github and they are missing the zipped up plugin. Not a deal breaker since that will also work also, but it not a great user experience since they have to look in the source folder to get the plugin once it's downloaded rather than just clicking on the plugin itself.

I don't see anything in the plugin store database for you either. Can you take some screenshots of what you are seeing? Nobody else has had any issues AFAIK, but you may be the first new developer in a while so I suppose it's possible something has broken.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Just saw your emails, will get back to you on that today.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1