Test Environment Best Practices

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 4:19 pm
ab39870 offline

Test Environment Best Practices

Apologies if this has been answered before. It seems like this should be straightforward but I thought I'd post here to be sure of the steps. I have a "typical" client server environment with a Mac Mini running Indigo Server (2022.1) and a Mac laptop that I use as an Indigo Client (2022.1) and for Plugin development.

Testing on my Mac Mini server I use for my own home automation is not ideal. I have the ability to simulate my Plugin specific devices. So I'd like to create a 2nd Indigo "test environment" server on my laptop (or Mac Mini) that I can enable when needed and change my laptop's Indigo Client back and forth between the Mac Mini Indigo server (production) and the local or remote test server as needed. What would be the typical steps be to set this up? I am guessing this has been done by other Plugin developers.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 4:26 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Test Environment Best Practices

Get a second license to run the server on your laptop. Do a full install (client and server). Then you can run it there, and switch the client on the laptop to connect to either one.

Is there something specific you're having trouble doing?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 5:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Send us an email (support@indigodomo.com).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2022 9:41 am
ab39870 offline

Thanks Jay and FlyingDiver for your replies. I sent an email to support. What FlyingDiver describes is exactly what I am looking to do.

Page 1 of 1