add dev.pluginProps parameter for limits white temp color

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:35 pm
kw123 offline

add dev.pluginProps parameter for limits white temp color

It would be nice to have a setting in device.xml or pluginProps for "SupportsWhiteTemperature" enabled devices to set the upper and lower limit for temperature value of the color

In my recent experience the LED lamps have a varying range from lower 2700 ..3200 to .. upper 6000 .. 7000K .
The current limits in indigo are 1200 K- 9000k ( from tries to slide left/right)

It poses some challenges to correct that after the user has entered a value slide to far right > than the physical limit of the bulb and the bulb does not handle it. One can overwrite the entered value, but that makes the slider jump around after the user set the parameter.

So a field
Code: Select all
<Field id="whiteColorTemperatureLowerLimt"  type="textfield" defaultValue ="1200"  ><Label></Label></Field>
that indigo uses to limit the data entry / slider range would be great (same for upper limit), Or in other words a standard dev. whiteColorTemperatureLowerLimt property that indigo uses for that limit

Thanks

Karl

Posted on
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: add dev.pluginProps parameter for limits white temp colo

Hi Karl,

Not sure if you saw it, but the Relay and Dimmer example in the SDK shows there is a minimum and maximum for white temperature (last two lines):

-> SupportsWhite: True or False (requires SupportsColor to be True)
-> SupportsTwoWhiteLevels: True or False (requires SupportsWhite to be True)
-> SupportsTwoWhiteLevelsSimultaneously: True or False (requires SupportsTwoWhiteLevels to be True)
-> SupportsWhiteTemperature: True or False (requires SupportsWhite to be True)
-> SupportsRGBandWhiteSimultaneously: True or False (requires SupportsRGB and SupportsWhite to be True)
-> WhiteTemperatureMin: Optional integer value for minimum white color temperature
-> WhiteTemperatureMax: Optional integer value for maximum white color temperature

Posted on
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:01 pm
kw123 offline

i need better reading glasses

Posted on
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:20 pm
FlyingDiver offline

matt (support) wrote:
Hi Karl,

Not sure if you saw it, but the Relay and Dimmer example in the SDK shows there is a minimum and maximum for white temperature (last two lines):

-> SupportsWhite: True or False (requires SupportsColor to be True)
-> SupportsTwoWhiteLevels: True or False (requires SupportsWhite to be True)
-> SupportsTwoWhiteLevelsSimultaneously: True or False (requires SupportsTwoWhiteLevels to be True)
-> SupportsWhiteTemperature: True or False (requires SupportsWhite to be True)
-> SupportsRGBandWhiteSimultaneously: True or False (requires SupportsRGB and SupportsWhite to be True)
-> WhiteTemperatureMin: Optional integer value for minimum white color temperature
-> WhiteTemperatureMax: Optional integer value for maximum white color temperature

Matt - where is the version of the SDK that has those last two fields in it? The Wiki has a link to http://www.indigodomo.com/Indigo7SDK, but that downloads the a file from 2016 that does not have those fields in it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Joe – Sorry, looks like that was a stale link. I've uploaded the latest you can grab here.

Posted on
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:27 pm
FlyingDiver offline

matt (support) wrote:
Hi Joe – Sorry, looks like that was a stale link. I've uploaded the latest you can grab here.

Thanks!

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1