adding zwave devices not official supported

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:36 am
koburg offline

adding zwave devices not official supported

If I wanted to add a zwave device to the indigo I mean by making a plugin.

because the device is not supported yet.

how would i get started ?

is there any examples show just a few steps adding a zwave device ?

im just curious how to proceed since im starting in script coding.

I have been looking in the wiki but have not found a place with an example of adding a zwave device.
I can download xml files from zwave alliance which I guess is a good help.

thanks

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:10 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: adding zwave devices not official supported

Look at the code in one of the existing plugins that deals with raw Z-Wave commands, like the Z-Wave Lock Manager or the Z-Wave Scene Controller.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The Indigo SDK download also includes a plugin that shows how to catch the low-level Z-Wave messages. That same callback method is what is used by the Z-Wave Lock Manager and Scene Controller plugin.

Note, however, there isn't a simple way to add new XML device definitions to Indigo. That is something only we can do internally at this time. Opening up that capability is on our feature request list. Point being, if you are going to try to add support for a device you will have to catch and decode all the low level messages yourself (as well and send the raw messages to the module).

Posted on
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm
koburg offline

matt (support) wrote:
The Indigo SDK download also includes a plugin that shows how to catch the low-level Z-Wave messages. That same callback method is what is used by the Z-Wave Lock Manager and Scene Controller plugin.

Note, however, there isn't a simple way to add new XML device definitions to Indigo. That is something only we can do internally at this time. Opening up that capability is on our feature request list. Point being, if you are going to try to add support for a device you will have to catch and decode all the low level messages yourself (as well and send the raw messages to the module).

Tanks Matt

I guess that's why nobody have done adding zwave products from a plugin yet. when you need to do it like that.

hope you will open the feature you mentioned Sune.

Page 1 of 1