Create dummy CCT device

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:25 am
siclark offline

Create dummy CCT device

Before I take my first step into plugin development I thought I'd ask if what I am considering is even possible.
I see that we can create devices in the SDK with a 2 white colours flag rather than normal RGB or RGBW for colour changing devices.
I'm thinking of a plugin to create a dummy device that would enable white temperature changing and would map the 2 white channels to 2 of the 4 channels on a fibaro RGBW zwave device.
That was I could control the white temperature properly.
Thanks.
Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:28 am
siclark offline

Re: Create dummy CCT device

Thanks to realising that basically what I wanted existed in Masquerade, plus the great IOM and SDK documentation and indigo functionality I have got my first plugin in a semi working state!
Matt and Jay you are awesome and thanks to flyingdiver for his inspiration of idea and how the code needed to be triggered.
It's amazing what you can do with a good idea, no python knowledge and some trial and error in one evening!
Some more functionality to add but hope to share soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the slow reply – I've had this one in my queue a few days and was going to look into the details on the behavior of the white channels.

Did you end up figuring it out, or is there still an outstanding issue/question?

Posted on
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm
siclark offline

Hey. No worries, and I'd rather get Alexa functionality than this, or the new Fibaro RBGW module working, however, it would be nice to have native CCT / two white channel devices.

However I am half the way there with a plugin that will do it. Basically creates a new device that supports 2 white levels then subscribes to changes and keeps the 2 sliders on this device in sync with 2 selected ones on the fibaro module.

Next step would be allowing it to be a single white channel temperature device and having a formula to determine required settings on the 2 fibaro channels to get the right temperature, assuming you defined one at say 2700 and the other at 6000.

Page 1 of 1