Developing Plugins from Mac Indigo Client?

Posted on
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm
brettlid offline

Developing Plugins from Mac Indigo Client?

What's the best way to develop plugins and code in python for indigo from a a machine running the client version of indigo. I have a Mac mini setup as my indigo server but its in an awkward location to use it as direct coding. I currently use my MacBook Pro with the Indigo client to configure most of my Indigo settings, devices, etc.

Any suggestions?

I noticed pycharm has remote debugging capabilities. Is this something that I could use to further my goal and if so how would I set it up? On the server, client?

I know I can use the Mac osx screen sharing and access the Mac Mini w the Indigo server directly, but that's pretty lame solution.

Thanks

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Developing Plugins from Mac Indigo Client?

Most of my development is done in the way you are describing, I simply use the Indigo client to do all my testing and plugin restarting, etc. For me, I have my plugins symbolically linked in the Indigo plugin folder so they can all stay together in my Git folder structure and then just use TextWrangler to do 99% of my Indigo coding on my main computer. In this instance you do not need a second development license.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:44 pm
howartp offline

Re: Developing Plugins from Mac Indigo Client?

I do similar, but from Windows.

UltraStudio is my text editor of choice, with Git integration.

I open the live plugin files directly via \\macmini\.... to tweak&test them, then copy back to my local/git repo folders on PC.

A couple of windows python scripts calling the RESTfull api allow me to restart the live plugin, or call the action I’m coding, at a click of a button on PC, instead of navigating the Indigo client up and down menus and UI sections.

Oh and Logmein to actually view/Control the Mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1