Control page icons for custom devices

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 pm
decouto offline

Control page icons for custom devices

Hi all,

Trying to create custom control page icons for a custom device. Device in question represents and alarm 'zone' so has states like 'tripped', 'normal', 'bypass', etc.

So I've tried to create image files in the web server images folders with names like 'Alarm+tripped.png', or 'Alarm+normal.png'. But when I create a control page with one of my zone devices, the web server only seems to look for a file with the name Alarm+on.png, even through the zone device states are ready/normal/etc.

Should I expect this to work, or do I need to modify my custom device to be a subclass of a 'Sensor' or 'OnOffDevice' for this to work? Or something else...

Thanks...

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control page icons for custom devices

You must also include an Alarm+.png file - that's called the base image and is used if none of the others match.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:37 pm
decouto offline

Hi Jay,

Thanks for that suggestion. It solved my problem perfectly.

I did have to work out a few extra steps that were not obvious to me at first because I wasn't paying attention:

1. I had originally created a file 'Alarm.png' and setup the device to use that. So I guess it was ignoring all the 'Alarm+<whatever>.png' files I created.
2. I had to delete the original 'Alarm.png' file and create an 'Alarm+.png' file (as per Jay)
3. And then edit my control page to use the 'Alarm+.png' filename for the device instead of the 'Alarm.png' file (which was now deleted).

I've attached a screenshot of how my zone devices show up in Indigo. Notice how Indigo is putting red dots next to the tripped zones; I like it but I am not sure why that is happening! Any background you can provide there? It would be great to control that from the plugin, although I understand from previous threads that is not possible at this time.

This Concord Alarm plugin can be found in its latest state at https://code.google.com/p/py-concord/source/checkout

Zip file of today's snapshot at this link

Thanks

Doug
Attachments
Alarm devices.png
Screenshot of how alarm devices show up in Indigo.
Alarm devices.png (30.7 KiB) Viewed 2033 times

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:41 am
autolog offline

decouto wrote:
... Notice how Indigo is putting red dots next to the tripped zones; I like it but I am not sure why that is happening! Any background you can provide there? ...

Take a look at the API v1.11 Release Notes (at the bottom of the page). It should explain what is happening :)

Posted on
Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:27 am
decouto offline

Thank you, that works perfectly.

I tweaked my device state names to get the little green/red dots as appropriate.

Posted on
Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:19 pm
jltnol offline

decouto wrote:
I tweaked my device state names to get the little green/red dots as appropriate.

I had done the same thing and then I discovered how to to use Variables to basically do the same thing. Just create a variable for the state in question, and set up a trigger that basically reverses the on/off state, and use it on your control page...

Page 1 of 1