visibleBinding to any selection from a dynamic list?

Posted on
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:45 am
papamac offline

visibleBinding to any selection from a dynamic list?

I'm writing a ConfigUI for a plugin device. The first field is a dynamic list that is optional... it may or may not be selected by the user. If it is not selected, the value of the field will be the null string; if it is selected ithe value of the field will be the selected string from the list returned by my callBack method. I would like to have subsequent fields in the UI be visible or not depending on whether a value (any value) was selected from the dynamic list. I don't think that a visibleBindingValue of '' (the null string) will work here. Does anyone have any ideas for visible binding to any selection from a dynamic list?.

Posted on
Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: visibleBinding to any selection from a dynamic list?

What do you mean by a null string? How are you specifying that when you construct the list?

In any event, you can hook up a callback to the menu such that any time the value changes it executes the callback. In the callback, you can set the value of a hidden field (specified in the config UI) and then bind the other fields to that hidden field.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:29 am
papamac offline

Re: visibleBinding to any selection from a dynamic list?

Thanks, Jay. Your solution worked great.

The null string (= '') is the value of a menu field if no menu item is selected. I do not include it in my dynamic list from the callback.

Page 1 of 1