Looking for a mentor to help me build a new plugin

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 am
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Looking for a mentor to help me build a new plugin

FlyingDiver wrote:
Your preferences file is named with the old identifier. You need to rename that by hand.

I tried this and it didn't work. I may have to dig into the database

Question for you Joe. I have the BMW Connected Plugin installed but disabled. Every time I restart my plugin (and some others), I get the following errors from my BMW Connected device:
Code: Select all
   Stopping plugin Life360 (pid 91132)
   Stopped plugin Life360
   Installing plugin Life360 v0.0.1 (previous version 0.0.1 moved to trash)
   Loading plugin "Life360 0.0.1"
   Starting plugin "Life360 0.0.1" (pid 91225)
   Error                           device "Ryan's BMW 540ix" state key doorLockState not defined
   Error                           device "Ryan's BMW 540ix" state key doorLockState not defined
   Error                           device "Ryan's BMW 540ix" state key hood not defined
   Error                           device "Ryan's BMW 540ix" state key hood not defined
   Error                           device "Ryan's BMW 540ix" state key trunk not defined
   Error                           device "Ryan's BMW 540ix" state key trunk not defined

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:52 am
FlyingDiver offline

Edit the "Ryan's BMW 540ix" device and save it. You don't need to change anything, but opening it in the Edit window and saving it should update the state list.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:30 am
neilk offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Edit the "Ryan's BMW 540ix" device and save it. You don't need to change anything, but opening it in the Edit window and saving it should update the state list.

That is one to add to your new plugin development skills, ways to mitigate if it happens often, but during development it is an easier fix. Congrats on getting this far !

Neil

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:32 am
ryanbuckner offline

FlyingDiver wrote:

This did it, thanks!!

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:56 am
ryanbuckner offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:

This did it, thanks!!

I spoke too soon. When I install and enable a new plugin I get these errors

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:33 am
FlyingDiver offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
ryanbuckner wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:

This did it, thanks!!

I spoke too soon. When I install and enable a new plugin I get these errors

You mean something other than the BMW plugin? Turn on debug logging and create an issue on GitHub with the details.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:49 pm
ryanbuckner offline

You mean something other than the BMW plugin? Turn on debug logging and create an issue on GitHub with the details.

It's not within the plugin. The plugin isn't even enabled. I get these errors when I restart my new plugin or the Messages plugin.

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:53 pm
ryanbuckner offline

DaveL17 wrote:
The plugin identifier is also used in the Indigo database file. You'll need to change it there, too. Best make a backup of the file before editing it (especially if you're developing on the same database as your main Indigo install). As long as you make the change before rollout, you're the only one that suffers.

Is there a trick to changing the CFBundleIdentifier ?

Yeah....don't do it. :)

Oh boy you were right . It was a pain in the ass but I was able to get it fixed. I had to change the names and content of a bunch of indiPref files including Indigo Server Prefs.indiPref. I'm glad I backed up like you said because I broke Indigo at least 3 times.

It would sure be nice to have a "Delete Plugin" option in the Indigo Preferences --> Plugin tab which cleans all plugin files out. I'm sure it's not that simple.

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm
ryanbuckner offline

I have my first pre-release. https://github.com/ryanbuckner/life360-plugin/releases/download/v0.0.1-alpha/life360.indigoPlugin.zip. Thank you all for your help!

QQ: Should I create a generic forum post or request a 3rd Party Plugin specific forum?

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:52 pm
DaveL17 offline

ryanbuckner wrote:
It would sure be nice to have a "Delete Plugin" option in the Indigo Preferences --> Plugin tab which cleans all plugin files out. I'm sure it's not that simple.

Once you settle on a structure that you're happy with, you will likely never have to do it again. In fact, I have one bundle identifier with a minor typo in it that I just decided to let ride. :)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:46 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Thanks for your help!!!! . Is anyone willing to install and give my plugin a try? I'd like to put it through a few rounds of user testing before sending to the Plugin Store

https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=363&t=25546&p=205546#p205546