Plugin Stopped working due to timeout

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:02 pm
stevemac00 offline

Plugin Stopped working due to timeout

Plugin is used in the winter and worked fine last winter. Since then I've updated Indigo to latest release and I see some problems in the log.
I theorize there's a problem with validation of preferences because I can't access the "Configure..." menu item.

When it starts up I notice there's a timeout before __init__ is called. I get this in the logs;
Enabling plugin "Climate Controller .9824"
Starting plugin "Climate Controller .9824" (pid 17943)
<Here there's about a ten second wait before the first line in __init__ is to log initialization>
Then the following is logged:
Climate Controller CC pluginVersion=.9824
Climate Controller Initializing CC Plugin
Started plugin "Climate Controller .9824"
-->Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from org.environs.cc for request UiGetValues1
-->Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from org.environs.cc for request CallPluginFunc
-->Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Also, when I select disable I get a timeout and this in the log:
Error process (pid 17943) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
Stopped plugin "Climate Controller .9824"

I tried deleting the preferences file and I notice a new one isn't created.
Anyone have any ideas what could've happened?
I deleted all associated devices but still have the problems.

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Plugin Stopped working due to timeout

Looks like the config dialog has some issues. I'd start by commenting out parts of the config dialog's XML to try to locate the issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1