Stopping embedded script executor

Posted on
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:33 pm
Different Computers offline

Stopping embedded script executor

Maybe when I wrote about this before, it was an AppleScript issue. But since a small and odd power outage last night, my log is filled with this:

Code: Select all
Warning                         because embedded scripts execute sequentially they must complete their execution within 10 seconds.
   Warning                         modify the script to exit quickly or convert it to an external file (not embedded).
   Stopping embedded script executor host1 (pid 21835)
   Warning                         process (pid 21835) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
   Stopped "embedded script executor host1"
   Embedded script executor host1 started
   Warning                         because embedded scripts execute sequentially they must complete their execution within 10 seconds.
   Warning                         modify the script to exit quickly or convert it to an external file (not embedded).
   Stopping embedded script executor host1 (pid 21838)
   Warning                         process (pid 21838) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
   Stopping embedded script executor host1 (pid 21841)
   Warning                         process (pid 21841) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now
   Stopping embedded script executor host1 (pid 21845)
   Warning                         process (pid 21845) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now

The problem with finding the cause of this is that it seems to be endlessly looping without any actual triggering event. I'm at a loss as to how I might figure out what script is causing it. Suggestions?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:06 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Stopping embedded script executor

looks like Apple Music had gotten in to a funky state at the power on of the Mini.

Once I restarted that, the script executor error went away.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1