Getting a notification if a z-wave device goes to 'no ack'

Posted on
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:18 pm
Londonmark offline

Getting a notification if a z-wave device goes to 'no ack'

Hi,

I have a strange situation where a fuse is tripping taking out a few of my devices. The devices then show as no ack in Indigo. I want to figure out when this is happening so would like Indigo to tell me when a device state changes to no ack. Can't see a simple way to do it. I thought of a trigger that would respond to any change in device state conditional on the device state changing to no ack, but that's not possible. So I'm wondering if there is a python script that would test for that condition... Any thoughts? Equally open to other options.

Many thanks

LM

Posted on
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Getting a notification if a z-wave device goes to 'no ac

We need to add to Indigo a built-in Trigger for something like this.

I'm trying to recall if there is a plugin that may have added a Trigger for this (maybe something like the Watchdog plugin), but I'm not sure if it exists currently. In the mean time try creating an Indigo Schedule that repeats every several seconds or minutes that has a conditional "If python script returns True:" that looks like this:

Code: Select all
for dev in indigo.devices.iter("indigo.zwave"):
   if dev.errorState:
      indigo.server.log(u"device {} has error state: {}".format(dev.name, dev.errorState))
      return True
return False

then add whatever notification action you want. I would suggest setting the Schedule to repeat at whatever maximum duration you require (10 minutes, 5 minutes, ..., 15 seconds or so). The conditional script has to walk through all of the Z-Wave devices so I wouldn't recommend doing it every second.

Page 1 of 1