Activating Keyboard Maestro macros via Indigo/Python

Posted on
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pm
bulldogarf offline

Activating Keyboard Maestro macros via Indigo/Python

I've created special macros in Keyboard Maestro (https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/) that I want to be able to activate via the Indigo Touch iOS app and web interfaces. I've looked all over this forum but can't find anything that gets me close enough to what I need.

One of the options that I've sought is by using a simple Python script (I don't know anything about them yet, but will learn the basics). Keyboard Maestro macros can be triggered via URL schemes, but I'm missing the specific coding to place in Indigo Actions that bridges everything.

Another option I imagine would be to trigger via keyboard shortcuts or AppleScripts, but I'm guessing those would require an external file being opened by Indigo as AS has been deprecated.

Any thoughts?

Posted on
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:02 pm
bulldogarf offline

Re: Activating Keyboard Maestro macros via Indigo/Python

Right after I posted this request I found a Python option directly within Keyboard Maestro itself as it generates the code automatically for various scripting choices. I was able to copy that directly in an Indigo server action which then can activate the KM macro.

I can confirm that this works perfectly.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 4.59.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 4.59.29 PM.png (89.92 KiB) Viewed 670 times

Page 1 of 1