How to trigger an IFTTT web hook.

Posted on
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:53 pm
mattyf offline

How to trigger an IFTTT web hook.

This is probably one of the dumber question that will be posted here, but I really don't know what I'm doing...

I set up some web hooks on IFTTT to perform some meross actions. The service works... if I navigate to the URLs in a browser, the expected actions happen to the MeRoss devices.

My question is what is the easiest way to trigger these web hooks in indigo? Embedded python script? I read in one forum about using the "requests" library, but does that have to be installed? Is there something built in I can use? Because I 1) don't know how to install that library, and 2) know with 100% certainty that if something happens to the Mac running Indigo here and I have to re-set it up, or move to a different machine, I will never remember that I had to install the "requests" library and it will take me forever to figure out why the MeRoss lights don't work any more.

Any help appreciated!!!

Posted on
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:32 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: How to trigger an IFTTT web hook.

Requests is pre-installed in Indigo. Use the script in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=25036

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:17 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: How to trigger an IFTTT web hook.

As someone who once attempted to make extensive use of IFTTT, I'll just say that based on my experience....

DON'T.

It's unreliable at best, impossible to troubleshoot, and even when working perfectly it only works slooooowly.

Ultimately, nothing I wanted to do was something that required IFTTT, thankfully, and my system is more reliable because of it.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1