Embedded script compiles, but does nothing

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:38 pm
Different Computers offline

Embedded script compiles, but does nothing

I imagine this is something basic that I'm missing, but here I am trying to do embedded Python in a trigger, and when I click "run" in the script window for the trigger, I get no errors, no complaints, no logging, and no change to the file. Here's what I'm trying:
Code: Select all
from PIL import Image

original = Image.open("/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoWebServer/public/frontporch.jpg")
original.save("/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.5/IndigoWebServer/public/frontporch.jpg", optimize=True)

What am I getting wrong?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:11 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Embedded script compiles, but does nothing

Have you tried saving it to a different name?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Sure did. No change.And just gave it another try.

I"m beginning to suspect that something odd is going on with that /public folder, but even when I look at it from the command line, the file remains unchanged.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:29 pm

There's some sort of oddity going on where the finder is not noticing the changes that are happening in that folder. I just looked at it with the command line and the saved file was there. But still doesn't show in the Finder!

Restarting the box to see if that clears it up. Really starting to look forward to replacing this Mac with a new M1. This fall!

Posted on
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:57 pm

OK, just to summarize--the script was always working, but the Finder was not showing any changes to the file. Extremely strange behavior, but I think the Mac was in an odd state in more ways than one--telling it to restart from Screen Sharing left it almost restarting but not, and I ultimately had to hard power it down.

Everything seems to be working right now, and many thanks to FlyingDiver whose patience as I beta-tested his new Camect plugin must have been tested! All the probs I had were related to finder weirdness and not his plugin.

Page 1 of 1