Device List export

Posted on
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:28 pm
arminw offline

Device List export

How can I get a text file of the device list as it shows up on the "devices" screen that I can edit and modify for printing. I know that I can get a screen dump, but that is a graphics file that can't be edited. I am using indigo version 7.1. Many programs have a print function that allows the printing out of many of the same items that are on the screen, but not as a graphic but as text. Indigo does not appear to have such a function. Can I use the database file xxxxx.indiDb for this?

How do I get to your answer? On this forum somehow or can you email me at superuser@waterfreeclean.com

Thank you,
Armin Wolff

Posted on
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:53 am
howartp offline

Re: Dividers in UI menus/lists

arminw wrote:
How can I get a text file of the device list as it shows up on the "devices" screen that I can edit and modify for printing.

Thank you,
Armin Wolff

Jay will move this question to a new thread where it should be.

A short python script will output the device names to a list, or there *might* be an option in the Utilities plugin to dump devices to the log.

Im not sure if most of the columns you see in the UI are available to Python though.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:57 am
berkinet offline

Re: device list text

arminw wrote:
How can I get a text file of the device list as it shows up on the "devices" screen that I can edit and modify for printing. ...

This is probably much more than you want, but give it a try.

(From memory, I am not near my computer, so this may be a bit inaccurate.):In the Devices display, right-click on the device and select Copy Python Reference. Then under the Plugin menu, select Open Scripting Shell. Finally, in the scripting shell window type print, followed by a space and then paste the Python device reverence you copied earlier, and press return. You will get a list of all information associated with the device. You can then copy and paste this information into a document and edit as you wish.

Posted on
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:59 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Device List export

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to a more appropriate forum.

You can write a script to do it. You should start by identifying the data you want for each device and in what format, then we can help you write a script to do it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:16 pm
lwhitten offline

do you remember which forum this was moved to?

I can't find any subsequent answers, and have a similar need: I would like to export/print a list of devices (w/ protocol & address), a list of schedules (with devices used & times), triggers (with devices used and delays), triggers (with conditions), and action groups (with devices & delays)

Thanks

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:38 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Device List export

This forum. Python scripting.

The original poster never replied so no script was ever posted.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:31 pm
kw123 offline

Plugin utilities does some of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1