Creating a schedule event (AS time/date action)

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:30 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Re: Creating a schedule event (AS time/date action)

Speaking of Plug-ins, when I lose power in my vacation home, my Phidgets plug-in needs to be reloaded. This creates the situation where I need to 1) know about the loss of power and, 2) open Indigo remotely and reload the plug-in.
I have a crude solution to learning about the power outage possibility: if there have been no changes in outside temp in 12 hours, I send an email to myself.
It would be more convenient if there were a mechanism to reload the plug-in without my intervention. Possible?
Better yet - simply reload the plug-in ever hour.

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

SMUSEBY wrote:

Just create a schedule to do it:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 4.35.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 4.35.44 PM.png (469.34 KiB) Viewed 1589 times

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

FlyingDiver wrote:
SMUSEBY wrote:

Just create a schedule to do it:

Yep - as I said, LOTS of new functionality... :lol:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:29 pm
SMUSEBY offline

VERY nice.
Thanks.

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:04 pm
SMUSEBY offline

Same issue, for another circumstance.
I keep our vacation house at 5C. If someone plans to visit, I set the thermostat to 20, 3 days prior to the planned arrival. I'm addressing the circumstance when plans change, and the thermostat needs to be reset to 5C.
I was able, with AS, to create a schedule that ran in 3 days to reset the thermostat.
Since there is no Indigo/Python command to activate a schedule, would it be possible to create a delay in a Python script (for three days) which activates the trigger?
or
Is there some more clever way to do this? (in the meantime, I send myself emails if the thermostat is set >19 and the house is not occupied - it works, but requires my intervention, and thus a little clumsy).

BTW, I've been cleaning house - my Indigo had morphed into an incomprehensible mess. The cleanup was long overdue.
Thanks to all for the help along the way.

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

SMUSEBY wrote:
Same issue, for another circumstance.
I keep our vacation house at 5C. If someone plans to visit, I set the thermostat to 20, 3 days prior to the planned arrival. I'm addressing the circumstance when plans change, and the thermostat needs to be reset to 5C.
I was able, with AS, to create a schedule that ran in 3 days to reset the thermostat.
Since there is no Indigo/Python command to activate a schedule, would it be possible to create a delay in a Python script (for three days) which activates the trigger?
or
Is there some more clever way to do this? (in the meantime, I send myself emails if the thermostat is set >19 and the house is not occupied - it works, but requires my intervention, and thus a little clumsy).

Use a timer device set for three days away. Use that to reset the thermostat. It's in the Timers and Pesters plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 pm
SMUSEBY offline

I can create a time/date event manually. I am looking for a way to create a time/date event automatically - e.g., If I set the house to warm up today, I would like the action to also create a time date (or pester) that resets the thermostat. Is it possible to create the pester and fill in the fields from an action group so it operates in 72 hours?

Posted on
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:16 am
howartp offline

Pre-create the timer device to run for 3 days, then have a trigger “when timer expires”.

In your action group that sets heating, add a “start timer” action.

The timer sits dormant until you start it, and triggers the 5° reset after 3 days then sits dormant again.

You can also pause, restart (at current value eg 1.5 days remaining) or reset (to 3 days) the timer according to other needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:17 am
FlyingDiver offline

SMUSEBY wrote:
Is it possible to create the pester and fill in the fields from an action group so it operates in 72 hours?

That's what a Timer does. It runs a set of actions (or an action group) in the future.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)