Reload Libraries and Attachments

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Reload Libraries and Attachments

tailwheel wrote:
When the Reload works properly, Indigo presents a small window, briefly. When it fails, there is no such window.

Odd - it shouldn't. Can you get a screen grab of the window?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:09 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, never mind. That progress window shows when there is already a IndigoPluginHost process for executing embedded scripts and Indigo is stopping that process. It doesn't show if there isn't one showing.

Are you positive that there are multiple IndigoPluginHost processes that are running the ScriptExecutor plugin? Note that all plugins (including a few internal plugins) start their own IndigoPluginHost process, so just because there are multiple doesn't necessarily mean that they are all ScriptExecutors.

I'm running 10.13.6 and just selected that menu item, and the one ScriptExecutor IndigoPluginHost process dies (which is what's supposed to happen) and the progress dialog shows up. If I immediately select the menu again, the dialog doesn't show up because there isn't a ScriptExecutor process running. If I then force an embedded script to run (say in an action group), a new IndigoPluginHost process starts up the ScriptExecutor plugin, but if I select the menu item again the process dies (and another one doesn't automatically spawn until I force a script to run).

Do you, by any chance, have a lot of embedded scripts starting up very frequently? I wonder if there's some timing issue at play here where we kill the process at the same time a script is trying to execute.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Ok, recreated. If you have embedded scripts running very frequently (like every second) then select the menu in rapid succession (or use the keyboard shortcut), you end up with multiple IPH processes. We'll address this in the next release (either maintenance or major, whichever comes first). Thanks for pointing this out.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:15 pm
Mark offline

Glad to help! :D

Posted on
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.4 is now available and fixes the Reload Libraries and Attachments bug discussed above.

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:24 am
Mark offline

Great! Thanks guys.