[SOLVED] Creating a reminder

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm
gskarp offline

[SOLVED] Creating a reminder

I would like to create a reminder in my os x Reminders app to change the battery when the low battery level event occurs. Any thoughts on how to do that? I have it currently sending me an email, but it would be helpful to place a reminder in my Reminder app.

[MODERATOR NOTE] a solution is presented below, here's a link to get you there faster.

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:58 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Creating a reminder

The only Calendar plugins I can think of are more passive in that they allow you to read a calendar from Indigo but not so much create an item. One way you could do this is using IFTTT along with the plugin for it, this then opens a whole world of integration - including calendars of all sorts - for what you want to do.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:05 am
MarcoGT offline

Re: Creating a reminder

For battery, I have trigger that sends a pushover notification, very useful. :D

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Creating a reminder - Solution

This request prompted me to do a good bit of work: first, to solve this specific issue and second to think through a pattern that others can use to make other AppleScriptable apps available to Indigo Python scripts.

The result is the Indigo Reminders AppleScript. At it's easiest, it's an AppleScript that you can call from an Indigo Python script to create, complete, and delete reminders in the macOS Reminders App. The link takes you to the wiki which is hosted on Github and tells you how to use the script. I decided to host it on Github so that others can contribute changes/modifications/bug fixes if you're so inclined, but also so that the non-technical users can contribute to the documentation.

Use this thread if you need help using it (I'm going to put a link from the first post to this one so people can easily get to the solution.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 pm
gskarp offline

Re: [SOLVED] Creating a reminder

Just want to say thank you. I had some weird encoding problems initially, but it all seems to work well now. I love your idea of creating a plugin, but, unfortunately, that is way beyond my pay grade. Thanks for all the work you guys do.

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:21 pm
petematheson offline

Quick newbie question on this one - but what's the easiest way to monitoring all of your batteries?
I either have to create a trigger for every individual battery device, or one scheduled task which runs if any of my devices are low on battery - but in any case it means I have to manually keep a schedule or trigger up to date with new devices as I add them.

Is there a possibility to do a global | if battery device = low battery then ... ?

Will be using this combined with the reminders script - nicely done!

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:22 pm
FlyingDiver offline

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:28 pm
petematheson offline

Perfect, thanks!

Posted on