Python Example - Creating Delayed Action

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:16 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Python Example - Creating Delayed Action

durosity wrote:
I was getting so paniced over odd little things or whenever that issue with the disabling of certain devices happened

It happens as we really try to tweak what the system can do for us. That is why about once every year or two I backup my Indigo database and restore it as a new name (i.e., it's now called 2017 and it's time to upgrade it to 2018), I delete almost every trigger and action group that I don't have 100% confidence in that I REALLY need and start fresh. Sure, it's a pain, but the result is that I fine tune my HA setup regularly to try to alleviate those kinds of stresses. The stress of spending a week or two re-automating a few things is better than the stress of finding some gremlin that I just can't track down (I have one of those right now as a matter of fact).

In the end, your sanity and general health is far more important than HA.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 pm
durosity offline

Well the issue I was happening appears to be something to do with communication with the Z-Stick. M&J are aware of it and were planning some kind of resolution. No idea what happened with it yet.

And yes health is most certainly more important. Although in all fairness that wasn’t what caused it, it was just a minor thing that was the catalyst.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:41 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
Well the issue I was happening appears to be something to do with communication with the Z-Stick.

Was it this thread?

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm
durosity offline

Possibly related, though on El Capitan.

Computer says no.