Speak a variable correctly

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:45 pm
norcoscia offline

Re: Speak a variable correctly

I did what you said and the num2words folder did show up in the correct folder - I did a restart of the Mac and it still did not work - so I tried putting the include num2words import command within the Indigo script and that worked. I'm not sure if I was always supposed to do that or if something is still not quite right. In any case - it works great as long as I keep the include (import) in the script so I'm happy...

Thanks so so much for all of the help - have a great holiday weekend!!!!
Attachments
2016-11-26_13-36-23.jpeg
2016-11-26_13-36-23.jpeg (27.44 KiB) Viewed 965 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yes, you were always supposed to have done that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:36 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks Joe, that figures - I have put "Python for Monkeys" on my xmas book wish list :wink:

BTW, the reason I started messing with voice again was some testing I have been doing via Chromecast - I have been trying to get 100% reliable whole house audio to work for over a year - and (so far) Chromecast is the only mechanism that has yet to fail. My Airplay speaker would sometimes drop off - bluetooth did not have enough range, I don't have a whole house (wired) audio distribution system and even my Sonos voice attempts have not been 100%.

With Airfoil 5, Indigo 7 and Chromecast, I think I'll be bullet proof.

Thanks for your help with this.... negative numbers, floats (as well as integers) work great when using num2words.....

_______
Norm