[SOLVED] Queued updates

Posted on
Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:06 am
Vaillant offline

[SOLVED] Queued updates

Hi,

I have a script for changing the thermostat.
The script is run every half hour.

The thermostat wakes up every 15 minutes so the command from the script gets queued most of the time.
The next time the scripts runs it reads the thermostat and invokes the change again because the first command is not yet received and processed bij the thermostat.

So the question is if I can script to a queued state of the thermostat in stead of an out dated setpoint due to the wake up settings.

I hope my question is clear.

Greetings,
Adrian

Posted on
Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:04 am
kw123 offline

Re: [SOLVED]python indigo question

question: how do you "queue" the commands? in indigo or in the thermostat?

Posted on
Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:19 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Queued updates

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm following you on this one - can you give a little more detail?

[MODERATOR NOTE] Split from the original topic since it's unrelated.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 am
Vaillant offline

I added it to that topic as I thought it might be related.
I try to explain better.

The script gets the current setpoint:
Code: Select all
TempRV = int(indigo.devices[ID1].heatSetpoint)

Then the script checks if the setpoint needs change. If so it executes:
indigo.thermostat.setHeatSetpoint(ID1, value=TempCurrent)

The log form IndigoServer gives me:
Z-Wave                          queued "* Woonkamer 1" change heat setpoint to 22.0° for next awake notification

Now the problem:
The script executes every half hour. If the Danfoss TRV did not wake up before next execution of the script 'TempRV = int(indigo.devices[ID1].heatSetpoint)' gives me the unchanged setpoint and 'indigo.thermostat.setHeatSetpoint(ID1, value=TempCurrent)' is executed again. End result is that I get multiple 'Z-Wave queued "* Woonkamer 1" change heat setpoint to 22.0° for next awake notification'.

When Indigo has queued the change to the Danfoss I see that the state of the device (Danfoss) in Indigo is changed to '22'. When the Danfoss has received the 'change heat setpoint' I see the state in Indigo change to ' 22.00C'. So '22' represents a change heat setpoint that is queued and '22.00C' represents that the change has been received bij the Danfoss. Now I need to know how I can get this queued state into my script so I can prevent that 'indigo.thermostat.setHeatSetpoint(ID1, value=TempCurrent)' is executed multiple times.

I hope I made it more clear.
Greetings,
Adrian

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 am
autolog offline

I think you might be discussing something related to what I identified in this post. :)

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:08 am
Vaillant offline

@autolog, thanks for the pointer. Yes, this is the same problem. Will have to work around this problem in the script. But I remember that I saw somewhere that 'setpoint UI' (i.e. the queued state) was available. Can not remember where I saw it exactly.

Posted on
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Adrian,

I think you might very well be seeing the problem autolog pointed to.

But I am a bit confused because when your script makes the request and the setpoint change is queued (because module is asleep), it does at that time change the actual state of the device in Indigo. I think I'd need to see more of your script and how it is comparing to know why the script thinks the value hasn't yet changed.

Posted on
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 am
Vaillant offline

Hi Matt,

This
it does at that time change the actual state of the device in Indigo
made me check again and you are right. Turns out it is a scripting error. I should have tested it more before posting :oops: .

Greetings,
Adrian

Page 1 of 1