How to check for 'no acc' status in python?

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:45 am
autolog offline

How to check for 'no acc' status in python?

I would like to check if any of my thermostat devices have a 'no acc' status. I have been looking at the IOM device documentation but I can't see where I would check for this. Is it possible? :)

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to check for 'no acc' status in python?

Do you mean No A/C, as in it doesn't support cooling?

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:55 am
autolog offline

matt (support) wrote:
Do you mean No A/C, as in it doesn't support cooling?

No, I mean when Indigo loses connection with the device and the device line in the Devices list has a red blob instead of a flame. The thermostat state changes from showing the temperature to 'no acc' in red and the Event Log shows a message like:
2013-10-14 18:08:48 Z-Wave Error send "T06_Thermostat" temperature status request failed

I want to detect when this happens, either via a trigger or just by checking the device state (preferable). :)

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think that "no acc" is clipped -- expand out that table column width so you can read the entire error (I'm not sure what error you are seeing).

The SQL Logger plugin has a trigger event to catch Event Log errors. We also have on our feature request list much more extensive error state triggering, but no ETA as to when that will be available.

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm
autolog offline

matt (support) wrote:
I think that "no acc" is clipped -- expand out that table column width so you can read the entire error (I'm not sure what error you are seeing).

The SQL Logger plugin has a trigger event to catch Event Log errors. We also have on our feature request list much more extensive error state triggering, but no ETA as to when that will be available.

Just got the errors again, and it would help if I got the message right :oops: - the whole line turns red with the flame replaced by a red filled circle. All the text turns red for the line and the state is "no ack". I presume this means "No Acknowledgement" :?: So, this is the state I want to check for. :)

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Got it. For now you'll have to use the SQL Logger trigger event to catch it. Some day you'll probably be able to detect the error state directly. :-)

Page 1 of 1