[ANSWERED]Custom Authentication Config?

Posted on
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:12 am
ArthurD123 offline

[ANSWERED]Custom Authentication Config?

Hi,

I'm curious if there is a way to customize the HTTP authentication, at least without doing some server/proxy trickery...

What I'd like to be able to do is:

-Have a whitelist of IP address [ranges] that do not require authentication at all (ie on the trusted / non-guest zone of LAN).

-Have certain URIs not require authentication for certain IP address ranges (ie guest-zone wireless LAN can access certain control pages, for their own guest rooms, the pool/spa, etc).

-Have all other non-whitelisted IPs receive normal authentication.

FWIW, I'm not afraid to jump in and write some custom code or write a custom htaccess or nginx config to achieve the above -- just wondering if this is doable semi-natively. Worst case I can always go down the proxy route -- something like turning off Indigo's auth, secure the port being used so it's local only, and then setup a light-weight web server implements my custom auth logic & proxies requests to Indigo accordingly...

Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Custom Authentication Config?

I think for the level of control you want you'll need to do it via proxy.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 am
ArthurD123 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Custom Authentication Config?

Gotcha -- will go that route, probably won't get to it right away though.

In the meantime, is the first one achievable natively?
-Have a whitelist of IP address [ranges] that do not require authentication at all (ie on the trusted / non-guest zone of LAN).

That'd get me far enough that I probably wouldn't have to revisit the proxy idea for a few months at least... Thanks!!

Posted on
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]Custom Authentication Config?

Honestly, I have no idea. We use (and bundle) the CherryPy web server (v2.2.1 I think) so you can search around and see if it can be done with config changes.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1