Editing Schedule Actions - Closes Entire Schedule

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:02 am
randysk offline

Editing Schedule Actions - Closes Entire Schedule

When you choose to edit a schedule and then update one of the actions, when you click OK to save the action, it closes the entire schedule. It should return you to the schedule screen on the Actions tab, where the action was updated from. As it is now, you have to reopen the schedule multiple times to update all the actions.

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:13 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Editing Schedule Actions - Closes Entire Schedule

I do see your point -- and I do the same thing routinely. That's what the `Show All`, `Add New`, `Prev` and `Next` buttons are intended for.

AFAIK, selecting `OK` will always close the Schedule dialogue, regardless of what tab you're on.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:20 am
randysk offline

But using 'Next' and 'Prev' buttons doesn't indicate what you want to do with any changes you made. You should click 'OK' or 'Cancel' to tell it whether to save the changes or not and then return to the screen that you opened the action from.

Randy

Posted on
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:30 am
DaveL17 offline

randysk wrote:
But using 'Next' and 'Prev' buttons doesn't indicate what you want to do with any changes you made. You should click 'OK' or 'Cancel' to tell it whether to save the changes or not and then return to the screen that you opened the action from.

Randy

That's why I said I see your point. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

As is the case with most dialogs on the Mac, nothing is saved until the entire dialog is saved. You should make all the changes to the actions you need then save the dialog. Those dialogs (Trigger, Schedule, Action Group) are fairly complex, but they do follow Mac HIG.

The one outlier in Indigo is the device dialog, which will automatically create a device before saving the dialog because of how device creation has to work (with plugins).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1