macOS 12.3 compatibility ETA?

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am
Flenser offline

macOS 12.3 compatibility ETA?

MODERATOR NOTE: Indigo 2022.1 has solved the compatibility issue with macOS Monterey 12.3+.

I updated before finding out that Indigo isn't compatible, and I'm not crazy about rolling back the OS.

Are we talking roughly about weeks, or days, for an update to Indigo?

Indigo is one of (I think) two pieces of software that I pay a subscription for, so this is a bit disappointing, two macOS releases in a row breaking my home automation. :(

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: macOS 12.3 compatibility ETA?

Yes, we're quite disappointed too that Apple seems to be breaking things in dot releases.

We're working as fast as we can but it's a ton of change and testing.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:45 pm
jltnol offline

And just as a note.... the Client version of Indigo works just fine on 12.3.

I have not migrated my Indigo Server, and won't 'til the new release is out.

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Good point... :)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:13 pm
Flenser offline

Not to be a pain, but are we talking about, days, weeks, or months of effort remaining?

It turns out my SuperDuper backup wasn't as super as I thought.

This is like when I take the car to the mechanic. If they say "hours", I wait there and read. If they say "days" I borrow or rent another car. If they say "months" I sell the car. :D

In this case, if you say "days", I may live with running around to adjust lights and heat manually (like an animal!) but if you say "weeks", I'll spin up an old machine (move my license?) and do the work to get back to functioning. If you say "months" I don't know what I'll be doing.

Posted on
Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Weeks (not days or months). We'll be posting updates in the Announcements forum as we reach certain milestones in our efforts.

I know people use a variety of backup options. When Time Machine first came out it had some issues, but I have to say that over the past few years I've come to rely on it for a variety of uses and it's always performed reliably, so I highly recommend using it (another upside is that it will almost certainly not break between macOS releases).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:45 pm
Flenser offline

I know people use a variety of backup options. When Time Machine first came out it had some issues, but I have to say that over the past few years I've come to rely on it for a variety of uses and it's always performed reliably, so I highly recommend using it (another upside is that it will almost certainly not break between macOS releases).

I do have a Time Machine backup as well, and Backblaze, but those are kind of an all-or-nothing restore. My working theory was that I could just mothball my current OS and setup, and boot from my SuperDuper backup, until Indigo runs on 12.3, then go back to the internal drive. Restoring the entire drive from Time Machine sounds risky, but I'll keep it in my back pocket.

Weeks (not days or months). We'll be posting updates in the Announcements forum as we reach certain milestones in our efforts.

I am now subscribed to that forum, so I'll get the email. :D

I'm spinning up an old laptop to take over Indigo for the duration, so I'd like to transfer my license and database over to that. Unfortunately, the License Details item is disabled since the server can't start up. What's the best way to go about this?

Posted on
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Flenser wrote:
I'm spinning up an old laptop to take over Indigo for the duration, so I'd like to transfer my license and database over to that. Unfortunately, the License Details item is disabled since the server can't start up. What's the best way to go about this?

Send an email to support@indigodomo.com asking for a license reset and we'll take care of it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Flenser wrote:
[I do have a Time Machine backup as well, and Backblaze, but those are kind of an all-or-nothing restore. My working theory was that I could just mothball my current OS and setup, and boot from my SuperDuper backup, until Indigo runs on 12.3, then go back to the internal drive. Restoring the entire drive from Time Machine sounds risky, but I'll keep it in my back pocket.

Another option would be to attach an external drive (assuming you have one), then do a time machine restore to that drive. Then you can boot off of it.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:15 pm
Unklmarty offline

Indigo 2021.2 was running just fine under macOS 12.3 BUT

I have just committed a fatal error I updated my Mac OS X 12.3.1 ( updated to 12.3.1 4/16/22 11:30PM EDT)
Since all was good with 12.3 / 2021.2, I felt it was safe to do the update. I was wrong

I sure hope you can offer a solution to my problem. ASAP

Marty

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:32 am
ryanbuckner offline

Unklmarty wrote:

I have just committed a fatal error I updated my Mac OS X 12.3.1 ( updated to 12.3.1 4/16/22 11:30PM EDT)
Since all was good with 12.3 / 2021.2, I felt it was safe to do the update. I was wrong

I sure hope you can offer a solution to my problem. ASAP

Marty

We need to go back in time, Marty! And stop that Mac from updating !

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:44 am
FlyingDiver offline

Unklmarty wrote:

I'm 100% certain you were not actually running 12.3 before the update, as there's no way Indigo would have been running. You almost certainly updated from 12.2 to 12.3.1.

Not that it matters, since there's no solution at this time except to revert your system to 12.2 somehow. Time Machine backup? Clone?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue May 10, 2022 4:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 2022.1 has solved the compatibility issue with macOS Monterey 12.3+.

Page 1 of 1