Action Collection Plugin Not Enabled

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:14 pm
NewfD90 offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Mar 17, 2017

Action Collection Plugin Not Enabled

Today I tried to edit an Action Group, and got the following log message instead:

Code: Select all
Error (client)                  getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin2() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- plugin Action Collection is not enabled
Error (client)                  getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- plugin Action Collection is not enabled
Error (client)                  dialogForActionId() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]


I shut down Indigo and restarted it to no effect.

AFAIK, I have no ability to enable/disable internal plugins.

Any idea a) what caused this and b) how do I fix it?

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:43 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14887
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Action Collection Plugin Not Enabled

There seems to be a rogue installer somewhere (likely a macOS release) that's screwing up permissions on the Indigo installation folders (are you running the macOS beta by any chance?)

Rerun the latest Indigo 7 installer and it will correct any permission issues it finds (but leave everything else alone).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:55 pm
NewfD90 offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Mar 17, 2017

Re: Action Collection Plugin Not Enabled

jay (support) wrote:
There seems to be a rogue installer somewhere (likely a macOS release) that's screwing up permissions on the Indigo installation folders (are you running the macOS beta by any chance?)

Rerun the latest Indigo 7 installer and it will correct any permission issues it finds (but leave everything else alone).


Reinstalling fixed the error. Thanks for the help!

No betas for me (learned my lesson a while back). Unfortunately, I don't know when this happened, but looking my Applications folder, Xcode and the Apple productivity apps were updated 2 days ago...

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 14887
Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: Action Collection Plugin Not Enabled

NewfD90 wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't know when this happened, but looking my Applications folder, Xcode and the Apple productivity apps were updated 2 days ago...


Sigh. I'm guessing it's Xcode but I could be wrong... :roll:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:27 pm
NewfD90 offline
Posts: 56
Joined: Mar 17, 2017

Re: Action Collection Plugin Not Enabled

jay (support) wrote:
NewfD90 wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't know when this happened, but looking my Applications folder, Xcode and the Apple productivity apps were updated 2 days ago...


Sigh. I'm guessing it's Xcode but I could be wrong... :roll:


I think that'd be a good guess.

Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron