[ANSWERED]: Detective work - Applescript

Posted on
Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:20 am
gtreece offline

[ANSWERED]: Detective work - Applescript

In the lower left corner of the Indigo Client app, there's the Indigo logo and an interface status bar. From time to time, I see an "Executing Applescript..." message above that interface status.

What is the best way to determine which applescript is running when it shows that message?

I am experiencing some situations where Indigo is not behaving normally, and that executing applescript message is displayed permanently. I'm assuming that I have an applescript problem somewhere, but am wondering what the quickest/best way to determine exactly which script code is running when that message is displayed.

Sorry in advance if this topic is covered elsewhere. I did a few quick searches and didn't turn anything up.

Posted on
Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:29 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Detective work - Applescript

Unfortunately, there isn't a way for Indigo to show what is executing. It is most likely an embedded AppleScript in either a Trigger, Schedule, Action Group, or on a Control Page control. When you notice the problem you might get some clues by looking at the Event Log to see what triggers or schedules have recently executed. AppleScripts that target other applications or other Macs are common culprits. If the other app isn't responsive, or if there is a network hiccup then the AppleScript can hang.

Posted on
Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 pm
gtreece offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Detective work - Applescript

Thanks, Matt. I haven't had any luck matching it up to log events. It never happens when I'm watching it, of course. I'll keep digging.

Page 1 of 1