[ANSWERED]: Indigo No Longer Detects Key Presses

Posted on
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:20 pm
GRWilde offline

[ANSWERED]: Indigo No Longer Detects Key Presses

Recently Indigo no longer detects KeypadLinc, RemoteLinc, and RemoteLinc 2 keypresses that I have been using to control my fan and hue lamps (i don't know exactly when this happened, since I only needed to use the fan recently, but previously it worked fine). I have reset the devices and relinked all of my many links, but the problem is still there. Since the situation exists with three different Insteon devices, I don't believe it is an Insteon hardware problem. All other buttons on these three devices that are linked to other Insteon Devices work fine and their actions are detected by Indigo and appear in the Event Log. However there is no longer any indication in the Indigo Event Log that key presses of the buttons that aren't directly linked to other Insteon Devices are detected by Indigo when the buttons are pressed (even though in the case of the KeypadLinc the button light is toggled on and off.

I am using these buttons to trigger Indigo actions to turn the fan on to Medium or off and to turn the hue light on or off. The Trigger setup is to perform the action when an Insteon on or off command is received from the specified Button/Group for the KeypadLinc or RemoteLinc. Like I say this has worked correctly and reliably in the past, but produces no response currently. When the Actions are excited directly from Indigo, the fan and hue lights are properly turned on or off.

Somehow Indigo is not currently detecting button presses when an Insteon device is not directly connected to another Insteon device.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo No Longer Detects Key Presses

Re-Sync one of the KeypadLincs that is no longer working twice and copy/paste the Event Log results into a reply for me. The 2nd define/sync is to necessary to see if the links written in the first sync worked or not.

Then press all the buttons on the KeypadLinc 3 times, waiting a few seconds between each press. Copy/paste the Event Log result of that as well into a forum reply. We'll try to figure out what is going on from there.

Posted on
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:49 pm
GRWilde offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Indigo No Longer Detects Key Presses

Attached is the data you requested. I do notice that only the two primary buttons (Load Buttons 1&2 and 7&8) were sensed when pressed in the Indigo Event Log. All of the other buttons were pressed on and off 3 times but did not show in the Event Log. Button 3 turns the bathroom light on and off, button 4 turns all hall lights on and off, button 5 is the troublesome fan button, and button 6 turns almost all house lights on and off. All buttons except 5 work properly and turn the appropriate lights on and off. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Indigo Event Log.txt
(36.58 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

George Wilde

Posted on
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]: Indigo No Longer Detects Key Presses

Hi George,

I'm puzzled by this one. The links are definitely there and both syncs completed without any errors.

Can you email us (contact form on home page) so we can troubleshoot this in some more detail off the forum?

Page 1 of 1