[SOLVED]Trigger won't disable

Posted on
Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:12 pm
colovin offline

[SOLVED]Trigger won't disable

This system has been running fine for YEARS, suddenly a trigger won't disable. I have a motion detector with a trigger set to turn on lights in the morning thus it is call "Morning Trigger" Then I have a scheduled time (4:30 am) for the trigger to be enabled and a scheduled time (sunrise -12) for the trigger to be disabled. Then a scheduled time to turn all the morning lights off. Been working fine for years. Now the morning trigger won't go away. At noon if you go by the motion detector the morning lights come on. I've rebooted the computer which does not correct the situation. I've unchecked all the schedules and triggers, no joy. I've setup a variable in the trigger to "if current time is greater than 4:30 am / if current time is less than 6:47am still doesn't turn the thing off. Do I need to reset the modem? Not sure what to do here.

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Trigger won't disable

Are you sure you don't have another copy of your morning trigger? Often times that's the case in these circumstances. You can manually run the actions on the schedule that disables the trigger to see if that works.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:57 am
colovin offline

Re: Trigger won't disable

Yes I had made sure there were no copies of the morning trigger. Also yes it would manually run the actions on the schedule. I disabled the motion detector because I got tired of the lights coming on all the time. When I first got your post I checked to make sure all that I'm saying was true. Then before answering I enabled the motion detector to see one more thing, wanting to see if the trigger enable check on the interface came on or if it was running even with the enable check off. It's difficult to tell because part of the action sequence is to disable the trigger for 14 minutes. Well the Sock Fairy strikes again!! (the fairy that steals socks out of the dryer which makes you look for "where is that sock") When I re enabled the motion detector it has been running just fine once again???? I have changed nothing (other then re enabling the motion detector) Very strange! There are 2 triggers run off the motion detector, the morning trigger which turns on about 8 lights which kicks in at 4:30 am, then the night trigger, which runs from 11 PM to 4:20 AM which turns on one light at 20% as a night light near the bathroom. Don't know if the night trigger was effected by the problem because the one night light was also among the morning triggers lights but much brighter. All is well at the moment and I have no earthly reason why. Guess it just needed a day off. I thought it was just Veterans Day, not Labor Day. I hate computers :-)

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:06 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED]Trigger won't disable

Glad it's working.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1