[ANSWERED]: Did 6.0.13 break something?

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:45 am
richy240 offline

Re: Did 6.0.13 break something?

I've tried it with and without the plugins activated, and the IndigoServer process still freaks out.

So about that downgrade path...

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Did 6.0.13 break something?

And just to triple check, there is *nothing* logged in the Event Log around the time the problem starts?

And what does the progress bar show at the bottom-left of the main window?

You can download version 6.0.12 here.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am
richy240 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Did 6.0.13 break something?

When the CPU is freaking out, the progress bar is empty (although everything works as expected). When I was having problems with my PCL, the progress bar would pile up with requests, and ultimately just empty out when the requests failed. (Once I disabled the Nest plugin, those problems seemed to subside.) Throughout this whole issue, the only entries in the log were the generic failure notices I posted about previously.

So to downgrade, do I just install this over the existing version? Or do I need to uninstall then re-install?

Thanks for your help, guys.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:15 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, just re-run the old installer and it should replace the components/apps with the older versions. You can double check that it did via the version information shown in the about box.

Let us know how it goes. We really need to figure out what is causing that CPU spin. We've had a couple of reports of CPU usage temporarily spiking up during email sending (or scanning). I haven't had time to troubleshoot into that much yet (that is a 3rd party library, so troubleshooting and fixing problems is much more difficult than in the core applications).

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 am
richy240 offline

Yeah, downgrading to 6.0.12 did nothing, and the problem persists - weird that I never noticed it before.

BUT! You're right... Every time I notice the IndigoServer process really tearing it up (it makes my exhaust fan go crazy - nothing else causes high CPU utilization when the machine is idle, so it's easily noticeable), the status in the bottom-left of the window says "Email: Connecting..." and it appears hung. I have to restart the server to get it to cooperate.

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you change your email server? And what is your email server? Lots of folks here create a dedicated Gmail account for Indigo, which seems to work well.

And do you have lots of emails in your INBOX on that server? If so, try deleting or moving those to see if it helps prevent the problem.

Posted on
Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am
richy240 offline

No changes. I've also been using a dedicated gmail account for about two years now. This is the first time I've ever noticed any issues.

As for other mail, there is none. I have Indigo delete everything so it stays clean.

Posted on
Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:28 am
tenallero offline

Hi,

Sorry to be late to this thread.

I am suffering the same cpu problems that has been reported here.
I am running Indigo on a Mac Mini 2011 (Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz with 8GB RAM)
On this MacMini, Indigo is the only soft running 24h.
Other user's software that can be run (not full time) is iTunes and XBMC

Without regularity, the fan begin to run high speed (that's why I could be aware about the problem).
At this moment, I can see (using Activity monitor) that cpu usage is at 100% (both cores) And that the process is eating cpu is "IndigoServer"

I am not sure how many times by day it can happen. I only spend few hours near this Mac Mini.
So, I can not reproduce the problem.

If during this cpu pikes, I disable all the plugins ... IndigoServer continue consuming 100% cpu
But, I can not disable all the plugin during all the day (I could not enter inside my home :-)

I do not believe that problem is due to release 6.0.13, This happened with 6.0.12
I updated the Mac Mini to Mavericks during January/2014
Before that, I was running Snow Leopard without any problem. (General stability was better with SL)
I don´t remember the latest Indigo release I used with SnowLeopard.
So, the problem came with Mavericks, or the Indigo Release around Jan/2014

I am sorry not to give you more relevant information.

Regards,
Ramon

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Ramon,

When the CPU is spinning at 100%, what does Indigo's progress bar at the bottom-left of the Main Window show?
And are there any clues in Indigo's Event Log?

Lastly, are you using email scanning (for incoming email Triggers), and if so are you using a gmail account?

Posted on
Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:16 pm
richy240 offline

Now that I've been running 6.0.12 again for about two weeks, I've seen this happen only a couple of times on the first couple days, and I never remember it happening before upgrading to 6.0.13. With 6.0.13 it was happening multiple times daily starting the day I installed it.

I'm not saying that it has anything to do with 6.0.13 necessarily, but I do believe that this being coupled with some obscure plugin malfunction (specifically with the newest Nest thermostat plugin from what I could tell on my system) definitely seemed to exasperate the issues tremendously. And it wasn't happening before I installed 6.0.13, and it hasn't happens but a couple times since.

That's been my experience anyway, which apparently differs greatly from the gentleman above.

Posted on
Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:20 pm
kw123 offline

could you also check MEMORY utilization.
It might show similar effects if it is ~ 100%. CPU is busy swapping programs ... and that is all it does. I had this once with a memory leak in my plugin.
Net effect: fan running full, cpu at 100% ..

just an idea

Karl