[ANSWERED]Interface Module Delay?

Posted on
Mon May 19, 2014 1:22 pm
Snakesitter offline

[ANSWERED]Interface Module Delay?

Hi—

I was wondering if the latest versions of Indigo have added a delay in the startup of the interface module? It used to be that right after a restart, the interface would come on-line and execute its startup communications with the other modules in my apartment. Now, it seems to pause for around a minute or two before doing so. It still works fine…just delayed. I first noticed this behavior an upgrade or two ago. Is this a deliberate move, or is my interface starting to fail?

Thank you,

--Cliff

Posted on
Mon May 19, 2014 9:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Interface Module Delay?

It's nothing that we've added. Note, however, that the INSTEON interface won't complete startup until all plugins have loaded. So if a plugin is having some kind of issue loading that could delay the INSTEON interface.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon May 19, 2014 9:56 pm
Snakesitter offline

Hmm, maybe that's it. Wouldn't delayed startup would be an odd failure sign anyway given that everything else was working fine at all other times?

I will continue to monitor.

Thank you!

Posted on
Tue May 20, 2014 1:13 am
durosity offline

Might be worth disabling all plugins, stop the indigo server and restart the interface module, then restart indigo again and see how fast it connects. Then assuming it connects immediately you could just re-enable one plugin at a time and keep restarting the indigo server until the issue comes back.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon May 26, 2014 7:56 pm
Snakesitter offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Interface Module Delay?

Great idea, Durosity. I tried it this evening, and it appears to be caused by Find My iDevices. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1