[ANSWERED] KPL quirks in Manage Insteon Dev Links dialog

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 pm
jimM offline

[ANSWERED] KPL quirks in Manage Insteon Dev Links dialog

Hi guys,
Just noticed this and thought I should post it for reference.
I have all new v7.0 KPL's now, and they are set in Indigo and do show whether they are 6 or 8 button in the logs as they should. In the Manage Devices dialog I am noticing that:
- When a 6 button KPL is the controller, the popup to the right of 'broadcast of button/group number' shows 8 buttons selectable when it should be 6.
- When a 6 or 8 button KPL is selected as a responder, the responder sentence in the dialog shows a selection of 9 buttons when the items are respectively KPL's.
I'm using V 6.0.11
Hope this helps,
Jim

Posted on
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: KPL quirks in Manage Insteon Dev Links dialog

Hi Jim,
jimM wrote:
When a 6 button KPL is the controller, the popup to the right of 'broadcast of button/group number' shows 8 buttons selectable when it should be 6.

Although this is a bit confusing, Indigo always shows all 8 possible buttons because it is possible to change the KeypadLinc mode from 6 button to 8 button. Internally in the KeypadLinc there are always 8 possible controller link groups, so trying to dynamically hide some links based on the button layout mode might cause confusing (and possibly orphaned links).

jimM wrote:
When a 6 or 8 button KPL is selected as a responder, the responder sentence in the dialog shows a selection of 9 buttons when the items are respectively KPL's.

This is a UI buglet. Those KeypaLincs have an additional feature on group 6, which we are incorrectly showing as controlling the button LED 9. I'm getting clarification from Smarthome as to how this new feature works (or if it is in the shipping modules), then we'll improve that UI.

Thanks for the reports.

Page 1 of 1