Mac Client Excessive Processor Usage

Posted on
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:43 pm
Bollar offline

Mac Client Excessive Processor Usage

Sometimes the client gets into a state where it uses excessive CPU and becomes unresponsive for a few minutes. It would be great if we could diagnose the root cause and eventually correct the problem. What kind of data would I need to collect to make this possible?

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Mac Client Excessive Processor Usage

While it's doing it, open the Activity Monitor app and do a process sample. Send it to us at indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com.

I don't believe we've had any reports of this yet so you're the first.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Also the next time the usage is high try disabling plugins one-at-a-time. Can you narrow it down to a culprit

It could be unrelated to plugins or scripts, but that is the first place I would check.

Posted on
Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:33 am
henkjanvries offline

I am experiencing the same problem.

My indigo goes bezerk and starts up tons of pluginhost processes.
is this normal? Is every plugin a thread on the cpu?
the server and a plugin start chewing up CPU and the whole server goes down.

I found that cynical security spy plugin is responsible. after disabling that plugin i go back to smooth sailing.

ill post my problem in the security spy forum

Posted on
Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:41 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Every plugin does run in its own process, so the number of IndigoPluginHost processes you see is normal (presuming you have about that many plugins enabled). By having each plugin in its own process, it greatly improves reliability as one plugin crashing should not bring down the entire Indigo Server.

As to the specific problem of the Cynical SS plugin using lots of CPU (and/or memory?), I'm not sure. I do run that plugin myself with a few cameras and haven't see the problem. I presume you are running the latest versions of SS and the plugin?

Page 1 of 1