Support for new VeraPlus

Posted on
Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:25 pm
Barilko offline

Support for new VeraPlus

My first post here... I've been using Indigo for over a year now and loving it. So far I have a mixture of z-wave and Insteon devices and a DSC alarm all working well thanks to all the great info I've found on this forum.
I'm starting to think about getting my first lock to test with Indigo and it looks like the Vera bridge might be the way to go. My supplier up here in Canada is stocking the VeraPlus controller but I haven't seen any mention of it here on the forum. Has anyone tried the VeraPlus with the Vera bridge yet? Am I crazy to think about getting the new VeraPlus over one of the older Vera controllers just to play with a lock?

Posted on
Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Support for new VeraPlus

I don't know if it'll work - there are some users who are using Vera controllers running UI7, which I think is the latest firmware for them, but I don't know if the VeraPlus is using that or something different.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:22 am
gtreece offline

I just got a Vera Plus set up tonight. I figured I'd spend the extra $50 to get the other communication protocols, even though I don't currently have any needs/plans for it other than some locks. It does appear to run UI7, and it does appear to have configured correctly in Indigo.

I have a lock that I'll be adding to it at some point this weekend, which will let me verify that it all works OK.

Posted on
Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:35 pm
gtreece offline

Schlage lock installed, and VeraPlus working fine with the current bridge plugin.

Posted on
Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great, thanks for the report.

Page 1 of 1