Weird Vera Plugin Problem

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:16 pm
jltnol offline

Weird Vera Plugin Problem

So I have a Vera Lite and one lock connected to it. While I had defined "scenes" from the Vera Bridge web page, I was advised that I didn't need to do that, and that Indigo would be able to lock or unlock the door. This is still the case up until recently.

The lock is defined as a device, and from the Device Page, I can lock and unlock this device perfectly. It even reports back to Indigo it's status... my "security page" shows the proper state as I lock and unlock, either thru Indigo or manually. Yea!

But now, for some reason, the lock won't operate in an Action Group. I've got a long string of Leave/Arrive stuff and everything is working fine, except for the single Unlock or Lock command

I've created a new Action Group with just the Vera unlock command... but every time I fire the Action Group Manually, this shows up in the Event log

Vera Bridge Error vera thread: send command error: scene 17 does not exist or is inactive

I've rebooted the computer running Indigo, and I've re-booted the Vera Bridge. The only thing I haven't done is to delete the device and then add it back in..

Since Indigo is able to control the lock, I'm at a loss to figure out to get it to work...

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:21 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Weird Vera Plugin Problem

Ok

More info

This is a problem on the UNLOCK command only.

The LOCK command continues to work as expected, even in an Action Group

And to be clear, I can UNLOCK this thru the device page... just not thru an action group... :(

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:04 pm
Sharek326 offline

Did you recently relocate your Vera Lite? I ask because something similar happened to me. I had a Garage Door Opener and Front Door lock both on Vera Lite and working fine. I relocated the Vera from the Garage to a Utility Room. The Front Door continued to work fine and look normal in both Vera and Indigo but the Garage Door Opener gave that same error. Several times I deleted and added the device back in which would work for a few days and give me the error again. I finally broke down moved vera back to the garage and all is well. My guess was Vera had a hard time communicating that far away with the Garage Door.

Posted on
Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:22 pm
jltnol offline

No... haven't relocated anything.... including the front door! :shock:

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jltnol wrote:
Vera Bridge Error vera thread: send command error: scene 17 does not exist or is inactive

That error is coming from the Vera Bridge->Run Scene action. Make sure that your action is the Turn On action, not the Run Scene action.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:43 pm
jltnol offline

Wow!

I've been setting actions using the Vera Bridge Actions as the Type, and from there, which give me the option to Run Scene... and the popup has Lock and Unlock. It's worked for quite some time, although there have been a few hiccups along the way.

It never occurred to me to "Turn On" and "Turn Off" the lock, but it works perfectly!

As always...

THANKS

Page 1 of 1