Indigo very slow to receive updates from Vera devices

Posted on
Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 pm
darrennyc offline

Re: Indigo very slow to receive updates from Vera devices

has this issue been addressed in a subsequent update already?

I am having issues where the garage door opener in Vera is working perfectly with indigo, but the status is not updating correctly. Often it remains "on" (for open) even when the garage door is closed and never gets updated. I have used the state as a trigger for turning on and off the outside lights so the house lights up when i come home (by opening the garage door) and then turn off once the garage door closes (if it is after 9pm).

Trigger: "garage door left" onOffState becomes off
Condition: if current time condition
Actions: execute action group "_Front Lights Off"

Unfortunately, I am finding my front lights on when they are not supposed to be after setting this up, and most of the time I see in indigo the status is on even when I know the garage door is closed.

Please advise.

Posted on
Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We're updating when we get the update from the Vera. It's often very slow (at least my Lite is when it gets a lock update), sometimes as much as 30 seconds later. Nothing we can do about that since the Vera is the one that's pushing the change out. As far as I know, however, we're catching all the changes so if it's never changing I believe that means the Vera is never sending the update.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Also - it might be that the device type isn't fully supported by Indigo. The plugin only supports on/off, dimmer, thermostats, and locks. That garage door opener may be some other type of device.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:37 pm
roquej offline

I had three locks working with Indigo through a Vera3 with UI5 for the last 2 years or so. The updates where a tad slow, but everything worked reliably. This past week, the Vera3 died and I had to get a VeraEdge with UI7. After getting everything back included and connected, I noticed that Indigo can control the locks, they open and close on command via either GUI or Touch, but no status updates are happening back to Indigo. Even if you press the 'Send Status Request", updates just don't happen, ever.

Again, same locks and same Indigo configuration. Only difference is the VeraEdge with UI7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JP

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:33 pm
roquej offline

I deleted the lock objects from Indigo, which of course deleted all associated triggers, schedules, and control pages. I then recreated the lock objects, triggers, schedules, and control pages with the new lock objects. Problem solved! Now getting updates, even faster than with the Vera3.

Recreating everything was kind of a pain - screen print to the rescue - but happy now. Hope this helps if you run into this issue.

JP

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Interesting - odd that only the status updates failed.

FYI, in the future, when you want to "recreate" a device without deleting them (and therefore the cascade deletions), just change it to some other type of device (like an X10 device or something). Save it, then change it back. That will pretty much "reset" the device without doing the delete.

Jay (Indigo Support)