[ANSWERED]Trouble with Lock and Thermostat

Posted on
Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:12 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]Trouble with Lock and Thermostat

When you go to the Plugins->Vera Bridge submenu, what version does it say the plugin is (About Vera Bridge X.X.X...)?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:24 pm
wideglidejrp offline

v1.0.6

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm at a loss for how this is failing. From your log, it's creating the device correctly, including adding the batteryLevel state - yet, your database shows something different than what's showing in the log snippet that you posted. I also can't reproduce the error here and 1.0.6 is the correct version.

I recommend deleting all lock devices in Indigo again (make sure you get them all), then shut down the server. Before starting it back up, make a copy of the database (and call it something like db with no locks) or something. Next, start the server back up and add the locks back. Click the Status Request button in the control area for each (just for force yet another update) and see if you see the errors. If you do, shut down the server again and send me both databases.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:20 pm
wideglidejrp offline

That did the trick. Very strange. Battery level now appears and no more error messages. Thank you very much. That was problem #1 on my list of 3 things in setting my new home. The #2 item is to get my thermostats working. I cannot get the z-stick recognized. Are there any known problems with the SILabs driver with Yosemite?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Very strange indeed.

The Z-Stick has worked fine in all of our testing - just make sure you installed the latest version of that driver. There was one other report of a problem but that was back from early Yosemite beta days (we can't reproduce now). If you need further help with that please post on the Z-Wave forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:10 am
416to305 offline

I'm having the same problem here but I'm on UI7 as I downgraded to UI5 before but it never works properly anymore, I can't save it always gives an error in the Vera so only UI7 would work, but having the issue with the 1 degree on the thermostat also. I'll try to downgrade again. Was going to say though you guys don't give the Vera Bridge plugin enough credit! I have 6 Z-Wave switches, a motion sensor, thermostat and schlage door lock. Using Vera Bridge as my Indigo doesn't have Z-Wave yet, I have added all lights, thermostat and door lock. The lock of course is weird since it has limited control, and the thermostat has that 1 degree issue, but lights and so on work perfectly fine. In fact I have an Insteon motion sensor trigger a program that turns on a Z-Wave light over the Vera Bridge, and that light turns on the instant I step in the room, it's just as fast as an Insteon direct scene. There's zero delay with it unlike what all the Wiki pages etc say where they talk about 1-2 seconds of delay. I don't experience that at all.

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:17 am
wideglidejrp offline

My locks are working fine. Problem was the driver.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude