VERA BRIDGE UPDATE or old VERA PLUGIN Update

Posted on
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:38 am
PME999 offline

VERA BRIDGE UPDATE or old VERA PLUGIN Update

Hello
I'm a user of the VERA Plugin which is no more maintain. I'm using this old plugin because VERA BRIDGE plugin doesn't synchronies the Energy appliance. I'm using CURRENT COST ENVI TOR for Watt measurement for a while and it's working fine with VERA and the VERA Plugin of INDIGO. Unfortunately with the last update and Python, I'm afraid this plugin will no more work.
I'm not a programer and totally unable to understand what to do to update the plugin.
Is someone has an idea to help me ? Is it possible to have the programer of the VERA BRIDGE plugin that include energy appliance of VERA to synchronise with indigo ? Is there any other solution to get the ENVI CURRENT COST Usb Device directly created in INDIGODOMO (I didn't find any solution right now) ?
Thanks a lot for your support
Patrice

Posted on
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:38 am
racarter offline

Re: VERA BRIDGE UPDATE or old VERA PLUGIN Update

Hi

I use CurrentCost Envir with Indigo. I've written a plugin but it needs the CurrentCost data to be on the local network. I accomplish this using a Raspberry Pi Zero running ser2net; this takes the USB serial data from the Envir and broadcasts it via wifi, then the plugin picks it up and creates and updates devices in Indigo.

I didn't publish the plugin because I didn't think it would be of interest to anyone, and because it requires some technical knowledge to set up the Raspberry Pi.

You're welcome to PM me if you want further details.

Alan

Page 1 of 1