Can't remotely connect to Indigo Server

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:11 pm
dprlemon offline

Can't remotely connect to Indigo Server

I haven't tried to connect to my server in quite a while and I didn't have any problem connecting in the past, but now when trying to connect remotely from my Mac to the server I get the spinning wheel then a message saying "Disconnected from Indigo Server" in the Server Connection Status window. I get this message when using either my DDNS or the IP address to connect. I was able to access it prior to Prism being decommissioned so don't know if that changed something. As an option, it it possible to access the server through the deflector, as I do with the app, and not use the DDNS? Thanks

Posted on
Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can't remotely connect to Indigo Server

Prism wasn't decommissioned, it was renamed Indigo Reflector: it's the exact same technology/codebase... :wink:

Do you have a hole punched in your firewall to forward port 1176 (or whatever custom port you're using) to your Indigo Server?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:09 am
dprlemon offline

I'm using the MacOS firewall and added Indigo to allow incoming. I also turned off the firewall on both computers and the same results. I have an Orbi router and I checked all the settings on that and can't find anything that would block the connection. I can't figure it out. The fact that it says it's "Disconnected from Indigo Server" tells me it connects then gets kicked off. I'll keep working on it...

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:22 am
dprlemon offline

I figured it out, kind of...I changed the custom port back to the default port all's well. I don't understand why the custom port I was using, 8176, stopped working but all good now. :P

Posted on
Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:37 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

8176 is the Indigo Web Server port, not the client port. So the client was trying to connect to the web server, which will not work because they are two completely different protocols.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1