Starlink Satellite Internet Service and Indigo Reflector

Posted on
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:35 pm
gadgetnut offline

Starlink Satellite Internet Service and Indigo Reflector

I support a number of clients in remote locations. A particular client has had AT&T LTE as the ISP and without port forwarding the Indigo Reflector functionality has worked quite well. He will be getting Starlink internet service later this year. Can anyone share their experience with Starlink and Indigo Reflector?

Posted on
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Starlink Satellite Internet Service and Indigo Reflector

I don't have an answer (haven't heard of anyone trying it yet), but I'm definitely interested in hearing how well it works. I did read about someone using SSH tunnels to get around the fact that Starlink uses CGNAT IP addressing. If that works (based on the article it did), then Indigo's reflectors should also work since they use a similar technique based on creating an SSH tunnel. But I'd love to hear report(s) of it working in the field.

Posted on
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:10 pm
peszko offline

I have Starlink ordered. I will try to use the reflector and report back. I don't use the reflector at this time, but might have to in my remote off-grid cabin that I'm in the process of setting up.

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:42 pm
landry offline

This is all new to me . I have a starlink satellite beta and also still have cable access. Not fully understanding CGNAT I learned the hard way that my DYNDNS host name is only resolved if have request comes from my iPhone on the starlink network but it is not resolved if the touch request come in from ATT data or Comcast network. Thats as far as I got I've been reading a lot since.
So I'll give reflector a try. Not familiar with it but I'lll try to set it up.

Posted on
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:42 am
landry offline

Well it works great with Starlink, easy set up and Https is encrypted so more secure than port forwarding kudos to Matt and Jay. I will monitor it for awhile ...I ave. pretty busy indigo set up . ..

Posted on
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:20 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Great – thanks for the report.

Page 1 of 1