Query regarding Reflector

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:40 am
aderrington offline

Query regarding Reflector

Hi, Hoping someone can help me, I've just switched to using reflectors,
I've got several tablets set up round the house, all of them show a control page through a web browser using the Mac Minis IP address. This has worked perfectly until i switched to the reflector service now i'm unable to view any control page. I either get an SSL issue or a timeout.
So does enabling the reflector service stop the server responding to local requests?

Thanks,
Andrew

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Query regarding Reflector

Hi Andrew,

No, enabling the reflector shouldn't impact at all the ability to connect directly using an IP address. Is it possible your Mac's IP address changed? Or I wonder if the macOS firewall is blocking the connection. Try temporarily turning the macOS firewall totally off to see if it then works.

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 am
aderrington offline

Re: Query regarding Reflector

Hi Matt,
Thanks for the reply, No the IP address is the same as it has a DHCP reservation set up on my router.
I've disabled OSX firewall on the mac mini and I can connect to the server, However i did already have exceptions set up in the firewall for Indigo (Indigo server and Indigo PluginHost - Held in Library/Application Support/Perceptive automation/Indigo 7.2)

If i re-enable the firewall i'm then unable to log in again. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew

EDIT - Just done a restart on the Mac Mini and it seems like i can now reconnect..... Not sure exactly whats going on but it seems to be working for the moment.

Page 1 of 1