Separate houses, two reflectors

Posted on
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:24 am
hamw offline

Separate houses, two reflectors

Bought another house and got a separate Indigo license to implement some home control there. Set up the Indigo account and the separate reflector. The new setup works fine. Went to check on the main house, and apparently when I try to access the other reflector, my iPhone is logging on via wifi to my current new house. Both are set up to port 8176. I have run the other house's Indigo app to copy control pages etc, and am not sure if this is why it is looking to this computer.

WebServer access denied "http://office2-2.local.:8176/serverrequest" from ham @ 192.168.254.66

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but how do I get the iOS app to find both reflectors so I can monitor both houses remotely regardless of which local network I'm on?

thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Separate houses, two reflectors

Do the Indigo database file names for each house match? If so, try making them unique. When Indigo Touch finds a local (on your WiFi LAN) Indigo Server it identifies and shows it in the UI using the database name. When you then select it Indigo will save off the reflector name (URL) as well and will use that if the Indigo Server cannot be found on the LAN.

So using unique database file names and then selecting each database from Indigo Touch while on the WiFi LAN for each house should get it working (but requires that you be in the house for initially having Indigo Touch find the server and save off the reflector name).

Page 1 of 1