Reflector Server having issues?

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:04 pm
kw123 offline

Reflector Server having issues?

Sorry to have been unclear,

1. using indigo client remotely it works fine .. on my laptop.
2. in touch you can setup different servers. using vpn and the home local ip number the indigo Mac works fine
3. using the setup connecting through the public router ip number does not work
4. using the database name gives the same error
error message is:
Unable to Get Server Info
ServerRequestError connection with
Indigo Server closed -- try restarting Indigo Server

To me this looks like the ports are not forwarded but they have not been touched for a long time and looking at the settings on the router they are still there.

Karl

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:43 pm
mvignola29 offline

Re: Reflector Server having issues?

I do not see any other errors in the log, I am able to connect remotely with no issues from my Ipad and Iphone as well as my mac using the safari browser.
I have many insteon devices on my network as well as 5 Sonos players that all work correctly. I am able to access my of the devices using the plugin for Alexa. I also use the Sonos plugin. I do not think any of this matters but I though I would at least give you this info.

Michael

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

kw123 wrote:
3. using the setup connecting through the public router ip number does not work

Are you sure you are using the correct port number? Indigo Touch connects to Indigo's Web Server which is different than the Indigo Server. The Web Server (used by Indigo Touch) defaults to port 8176 whereas the Indigo Server (only used by the Mac client) defaults to port 1176.
kw123 wrote:
4. using the database name gives the same error
error message is:
Unable to Get Server Info
ServerRequestError connection with
Indigo Server closed -- try restarting Indigo Server

That error means Indigo's Web Server is no longer communicating with the Indigo Server (all on the same Mac). Basically, it has gotten into a bad state and you should stop and restart the Indigo Server to see if that gets it working again.

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

mvignola29 wrote:
I do not see any other errors in the log, I am able to connect remotely with no issues from my Ipad and Iphone as well as my mac using the safari browser.
I have many insteon devices on my network as well as 5 Sonos players that all work correctly. I am able to access my of the devices using the plugin for Alexa. I also use the Sonos plugin. I do not think any of this matters but I though I would at least give you this info.

RIght, Indigo is detecting that the connection was broken so it is rebuilding it. So it sounds like it continues to work correctly because Indigo detects the problem and fixes it. Note that the reflector connection requires an open TCP socket for the secure tunnel which remains open. It is that secure tunnel which is failing or being closed (by router, ISP, etc.) that Indigo detects so it just builds a new one. Most network connections don't require an always open connection like that – they just open a connection, make a request, then close the connection. But the reflector tunnels need to stay open, which is why Indigo periodically makes sure the connection is working and if it doesn't it rebuilds it.

Posted on
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:31 am
kw123 offline

Did a server restart several times. I guess I wait until I am home. Will rebooot the mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk