how to tell if connected to reflector?

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 am
Professor Falken offline

how to tell if connected to reflector?

Is there an easy way to tell whether an Indigo Touch instance is connecting through the reflector even when on my home LAN? I have noticed that the pages are loading much more like they do when I am on the reflector (slower to load, CP images load individually, sometimes have a black screen for 10-15 seconds) even from home. This wasn't previously an issue. I also noticed indigodomo.net way up in the list of calls on my OpenDNS account, which seems weird, though I am just learning about using OpenDNS content filtering.

I did upgrade my router last weekend, and I wonder if a setting is causing Indigo to think I'm not on the home network and forcing a reflector connection or something.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 am
Professor Falken offline

Re: how to tell if connected to reflector?

I also note that I'm getting these periodically as well in the log, which I don't think used to happen much if at all. They aren't that frequent, maybe a few a day.

Code: Select all
 Error                           reflector connection test failed: Reflector connection is currently down.
   Error                           reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you're having network issues, that may be causing Indigo Touch to switch to the reflector.

The error seems to indicate that there is some networking issue that's causing your Mac to be unable to contact the reflector server. This is also likely the reason for the more frequent requests to indigodomo.net.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Professor Falken wrote:
Is there an easy way to tell whether an Indigo Touch instance is connecting through the reflector even when on my home LAN?

Go to the settings panel in Indigo Touch (gear icon) and at the very top in a purple bar it should say how it is connected. If you are at home you want Connected via Bonjour WiFi. Re-choosing your Indigo Server name in the table below that will force Indigo Touch to reconnect, so if it says it is using a reflector then try reconnecting to see if it switches to WiFi or not.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:08 pm
Professor Falken offline

It says connected via Bonjour wifi. But doesn't it say that on wifi anywhere (like, for example, when I am on the wifi at my work and it's on wifi, but obviously using the reflector)?

I recently replaced my router, and also set up an openDNS account to do some router level parental controls. I wonder if I have somehow created a problem for the Indigo Mac.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

No, it won't say Bonjour if it is WiFi outside of your house.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm
Professor Falken offline

OK, thanks. I'm investigating network issues right now. Think something may be sludging it up. Unfortunately, my network knowledge in near zero, so I am trying to learn the basics of using wireshark.

Page 1 of 1