2 Simultaneous Prism Connections?

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:18 pm
AutoBots offline

2 Simultaneous Prism Connections?

Hi, sorry if this has been answered on another thread - if it has, my Google-fu is clearly not strong enough...

Anyway, I found today that an action request that should have been received from Home Remote on my wife's iPhone (on cellular) did not fire.

The only thing I can think of is that I was probably connected via Indigo Touch (also cellular, thus Prism) at the time that the action would been requested.

Can only one device connect at a time via Prism or should I be looking for the source of the issue elsewhere?

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 2 Simultaneous Prism Connections?

You can have as many (within reason) connected devices (Indigo Touch or Home Remote going through our API) as you want, so I don't think that is related to the problem. Were there any errors logged in Indigo's Event Log around the time the action occurred?

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:38 pm
AutoBots offline

Thanks for clarifying that Matt.

In answer to your question, no no errors were logged, just nothing happened, at all.

I'll have to go over the script/setup when I get home.

Thanks again!

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:17 pm
ukie offline

I've been having a similar issue with the Indigo web server for as long as I remember.
Here is how to replicate the problem:
Add two Safari Dashboard widgets with different control pages from the same server.
Each time the dashboard is relaunched only one of the control pages actually loads, the other one simply stays blank.
What I've had to do to overcome the bug is load the second control page using the direct IP rather than the "NO-IP" DNS name (I am not using Prism).
So there is an issue with the web server receiving multiple requests at the same time.
This is not the case, for example, when adding multiple SecuritySpy web server pages to Dashboard using the same DNS name.
Please look into this.

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We will. I'll add it to the bug list.

Page 1 of 1