mike_c offline

[ANSWERED]: Reflector down (from uk)

Is it for everyone, or just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 pm
durosity offline

Re: Reflector down (from uk)

working for me, albeit a bit sluggish (but then it's never that fast)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:34 pm
mike_c offline

Hmmm.... I can get to indigodomo.com okay and login via web browser.

When I click on my reflector name, I get the "reflector connection is currently down". Could that mean anything other than my indigo server is offline ? (I'm not at home at the moment so unable to check).

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:18 pm
jalves offline

I'm getting the same message. Currently in Hawaii.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We aren't seeing any abnormalities on the server side here. The active reflector tunnel count has been really steady the last several weeks.

The error you are seeing does mean the tunnel between your Mac and our server isn't up, but to diagnosis what specific error(s) caused it you unfortunately need access to the Event Log in Indigo. That should help provide clues as to why it isn't working. Note that each Indigo Server checks, every few minutes, its own reflector. If it cannot round trip a request then it automatically rebuilds the tunnel.

So once you get access to your Mac let me know what the Event Log files/window show and we'll troubleshoot it from there.

Posted on
Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 am
AEshton offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Reflector down (from uk)

I had the same problem a week ago when i was away from home.
Stupid me i logged in into my account and reset my active subscription something i should not have done it.
Today i'm back home and below is my log event. Do not see the reason why it went down.

015-02-04 00:03:08.326 Application Created new log file (Indigo Server version 6.0.20)
2015-02-04 01:04:11.089 Error reflector connection test failed: unable to connect to server
2015-02-04 01:04:11.420 Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 5 seconds
2015-02-04 01:05:14.446 Error failed to create reflector connection: unable to connect to server
2015-02-04 01:05:14.447 Error reflector reconnection scheduled in 15 minutes
2015-02-04 01:20:16.195 Error failed to create reflector connection: reflector not active

Posted on
Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:53 pm
mike_c offline

Thanks for the feedback. It turns out my broadband went down (had to reset it back to factory defaults - oh the faff!!!) As a point of reference, I did try logging into a number of other geographies via my corporate VPN to check for local issues (e.g. DNS) - but obviously without luck.

The mission critical element of my setup is the heating. When we're away, I set a variable to 'off' and therefore no heating kicks in regardless of the temperature. As I was unable to tell the heating to wake up, it was pretty fresh coming back home today (only 12 degrees C (i.e. not freezing)). I'll update the configuration now to restart the heating at a given TIME and not when I tell it to - in case of future broadband issues during the cold months.

I'm therefore looking to create a "turn heating on at this time / date function". Is the easiest / only way to do this, to create variables for the hour, minute, day, month and year and to check if ALL of these match a when a regular script executes?

Thanks again,
Mike

Posted on
Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:28 pm
mike_c offline

To close the loop, I set up variables for day, month and hour. A script runs every hour if "heating master switch is off" to see if it should switch master switch back on.. Works like a dream

Page 1 of 1