[ANSWERED]: Prism/Reflector Port Forwarding issue

Posted on
Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:57 pm
chrisfromthelc offline

[ANSWERED]: Prism/Reflector Port Forwarding issue

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to get Beacon working, and finally stumbled upon the realization that the Reflector isn't passing along the port that Geofency was connecting to (6192). I verified this by using my (current) external IP, and it works perfectly, but when I try to use the Reflector address, it simply drops the request into nowhere.

Is there some setting in Indigo that needs to be changed, or is this not possible with Reflector?

Posted on
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Prism/Reflector Port Forwarding issue.

Reflectors currently only relay traffic over the default Indigo Web server port (8176). We might improve that in the future, but for security reasons we don't want your reflector name to be just a domain pointer to your Mac.

Posted on
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:22 pm
chrisfromthelc offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Prism/Reflector Port Forwarding issue

That could be a problem. Would having them share that port work?

Posted on
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin won't be able to listen to the port after Indigo grabs it, unfortunately. We do need to provide a better mechanism so plugins can have communication/APIs over reflectors, so we'll look into that.

Posted on
Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:22 am
chrisfromthelc offline

Yeah, this would keep be from using the Reflector service. I'm competent enough to configure my router and everything to use DynDNS, but I just was hoping to have one less pain point in the process.

Posted on
Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:01 am
RogueProeliator offline

Yeah, this would keep be from using the Reflector service. I'm competent enough to configure my router and everything to use DynDNS, but I just was hoping to have one less pain point in the process.

One thing to caution/remind you of is that if you create your own setup, you are going to need to create a reverse proxy in Apache in order to get SSL support for your Indigo Touch connection back to your server. You do not want to allow control of your house over a non-secure connection... It might be worth using Reflector & DynDNS for the Geofency application if you are uncomfortable configuration Apache.

However, if you feel comfortable enough to do that and decide to roll your own SSL connection, there are messages here in the forum that can help you set it up (this configuration is unsupported officially in Indigo).

Adam

Page 1 of 1